Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
TheAmishStig

Default Overlay Counts

Quick question: How many full-hex overlays are there in O6E and/or Reinforcements?

I'm trying to trim my boxes back down for a convention, threw away the sheet "skeletons" ages ago, and think a few might have gone missing.

Box 1 (O6E + Reinforcements)
x1 Double Crater
x8 Town
x2 Single Crater

Box 2 (O6E + Reinforcements)
x1 Double Crater
x8 Town
x7 Single Crater

The single craters aren't an even number, so it can't even be split as put away...I'm guessing something was misplaced, or grew legs, or ended up in the ODE box, or...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Overlay Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Quick question: How many full-hex overlays are there in O6E and/or Reinforcements?
Easiest place to look is in the BGG Counter Manifest. I just happened to count them for adding to it:

O6E:
1-hex
7x Orange Crater/Clear

Reinforcements:
1-hex
2x Orange Crater/Clear
8x Town/Damaged Town
Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Easiest place to look is in the BGG Counter Manifest. I just happened to count them for adding to it:

O6E:
1-hex
7x Orange Crater/Clear

Reinforcements:
1-hex
2x Orange Crater/Clear
8x Town/Damaged Town
I wonder if I got a mis-cut then...my Reinforcements stuff came as a single 2-hex crater instead of 2 singles. But those numbers match, so now I just have to figure out where the other five wandered off to.

Thankfully we didn't need them; the con was this past weekend, we ended up doing basic scenarios and were setting up for Breakthrough when the kid I was going to run it for got called away from the table.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I wonder if I got a mis-cut then...my Reinforcements stuff came as a single 2-hex crater instead of 2 singles. But those numbers match, so now I just have to figure out where the other five wandered off to.
Actually, I don't think it is. I just double-checked my copy of O6E + Reinforcements and it is, in fact, a single 2-hex crater/clear and 7 singles.

I also scan all my sheets before punching, and can confirm via that, too.
O6E: 7 single hex craters
Reinforcements: 1 two-hex crater

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 10-15-2018 at 11:46 AM.
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Actually, I don't think it is. I just double-checked my copy of O6E + Reinforcements and it is, in fact, a single 2-hex crater/clear and 7 singles.

I also scan all my sheets before punching, and can confirm via that, too.
O6E: 7 single hex craters
Reinforcements: 1 two-hex crater
Cool.

I wouldn't have complained if it was. Either way...mystery solved, and much appreciated! Well, everything save for the mystery of where they got to. Just like the protractor did eventually (I lost it, bought another one, and 2 days later opened the box that the first one was in), they'll turn up.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Old 10-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Cool.

I wouldn't have complained if it was. Either way...mystery solved, and much appreciated! Well, everything save for the mystery of where they got to. Just like the protractor did eventually (I lost it, bought another one, and 2 days later opened the box that the first one was in), they'll turn up.
Yeah, not exactly a big deal to have 2 singles vs 1 double. The result is pretty much the same.

I'm sure the other overlays are just out having a romp with their friends. They will show up when you stop looking for them. :-)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Yeah, not exactly a big deal to have 2 singles vs 1 double. The result is pretty much the same.

I'm sure the other overlays are just out having a romp with their friends. They will show up when you stop looking for them. :-)
That's what happened with the protractor! I gave up, bought another one, went to the con, had to do the 'ram damage' column from memory [like a boob, I forgot to take the rulebook with me in case the cheat sheets weren't comprehensive], came home, opened the Car Wars box to double-check I got the table right [I did, yay!], and there it was.

The dog looked at me funny for inventing a few new words that aren't polite enough to type out here, and life went on. The overlays are hiding somewhere, and Calculatus Eliminatus [of which I am an Emeritus] says with confidence that they are not in the O6E Demo Copy, the O6E Personal Copy, or the ODE. Yes, I inventoried my ODE all over again looking for the stupid things!
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA