Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Tyneras

Default [Sorcery] Fortify

I've been tinkering with building Fortify as an enchantment in Sorcery, and I think I have something reasonable but would love feedback.

Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage, Fortify 1, +40%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Reach C, -30%; No Signature, +20%; Accessibility, Armor Only, -20%; Scales with coverage, +0%; Magical, ‑10%; +0%) [10]

Each extra level of Fortify adds 1 DR and +4 to cost.

Fortify
Damage Resistance 1 (Magical, -10%; Chinks in Armor, -10%; -20%) [4]

Chinks in Armor: The fortify enchantment improves the existing armor, so it is still subject to it's design weaknesses, just tougher.

Scales with coverage: The full cost is for a full suit. Reduce the cost by the amount of actual coverage for the armor. For example, using the table from Low Tech p100, torso only would be multiplied by 100/305. Or use the coverage percentage table of your choosing, I know of at least 3 off the top of my head.

Magical instead of Sorcery: While I still consider it a Sorcery spell, I wanted it to be competitive with the Armor spell from Sorcery: Protection and Warning Spells which I assumed would likely be on an amulet or ring or similar. Since enchanting armor directly would be a 0.9 multiplier for final EP cost, I went the rout of making the enchantment passive and always on, which I hope is a workable interpretation. If there is a better way I'm all ears.

The end result is roughly cost competitive with Armor DR for DR, falling somewhere between a ring and an amulet for pure enchantment costs.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
Anders

Default Re: [Sorcery] Fortify

I think -10% is way too much for "Chinks in Armor". And what about armor that doesn't have chinks? Just accept that it's 4.5 points/level.

Tags
enchantment, fortify, sorcery