Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
Grey_Fox

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
"The hour was late and I retired to my chamber. I woke two hours later to check on him and discovered him de... still. It seems he passed moments after I had left him.
Turning back to Grok
"I am glad you were with him in his last moments Grok, he valued your company greatly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665 View Post
"That is even a greater task, unless we wish to work in the shadows and perhaps weaken their resolve somehow without risking our men or the Barony."
Lowering his brow slightly, some of his sadness being turned to anger at these worries that attributed to Walton's death.
"Perhaps, if Simonton were stronger we could to declare our independence from the crown, but alas i fear a side will need to be chosen lest we face both. But that is a discussion for another time, now we must name the man that is to see to the protection of Simonton. I will reluctantly enter myself if you would have me, what say the rest of you?"
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
Hannes665

"Stonegate, I have never been one to lead, other than into battle. I admitted earl to myself that I am a follower, not a leader in politics and no ruler. I will pledge my sword to whom we with the assistance of the Almighty will choose."

OCC: If appropriate Sir Green will kneel in front o Godfrey and pledge his sword, shield and land to him as the new Lord of Simonton.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"

Last edited by Hannes665; 07-15-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Changed name to be kneeling to
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
He stops in front of Duncan and angrily says:

"Be careful what you speak, you filthy mercenary. If you insist on mocking me, consider polishing your sword. Soon, you will need it."
Ducan Repsonds,"I would expect nothing less. Best we part ways on bad terms. You weren't much of a father anyways. Lord Walton was more my father than you could ever be. I wear the title Mercenary proudly...at least you know my price. What is your's father? What is yours for forsaking your own flesh and blood?"

Quote:
After Duncan was stopped by Astaron, he is approached by Sir Fharin, who says:

"Duncan. If you really feel obliged to go, do so, but I believe it would be for the best for you to stay here until we resolve the situation coming out of this will."
"I am only only a the Bastard son of the lesser Brother...surely my vote means nothing. I am sure you noble men will do the right thing. Let me know when you wish me to raise an army...that is what I am best at...."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
zoncxs

Hearing all the commotion, Alonso weighs each thought that was spoken with importance.

who should be named lord? what should be done with the land? what side to pick in the war, if any side? should we stay neutral and risk being caught in the middle or worse forced to fight our enemies who chooses a side? have they chosen a side yet?

"This is a delicate matter...who we choose to be Lord will be our face in this war and represent the people of this land..." he pauses for a moment.

"to choose a side we need more information on them both... so that is not a decision we can make at this time. we would need to recon both sides as well as send representatives of us to them... see what there strengths and weaknesses are...hmmm..."

"for now. what we must do is weigh the troubles before us, for the people must rely on the new lord to protect them and solve these problems, and that is the unknown. the thing that is bugging me the most is the lack of detailed information on the war. what we get is second hand reports. we need more eyes on it now."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
Epic Kobold

"Who better to choose the most suitable new lord than the old one? Walton made his choice clear."
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #26
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
"Who better to choose the most suitable new lord than the old one? Walton made his choice clear."
"yes...yes he did, and if not for his keen eye I would have thought other wise. So if need be, I shall make his last will my word, and vote for Godfrey as next lord."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #27
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"yes...yes he did, and if not for his keen eye I would have thought other wise. So if need be, I shall make his last will my word, and vote for Godfrey as next lord."
"I am afraid you're not in the position to do so, Dunchess. Walton mentioned it in his will, and it is really a part of the King's law: Only nobles can approve the other noble as their Lord. In the case of Simonton, two are needed."

Sir Fharin gives the will back to Grok and continues:

"Yes, this is a dire situation, indeed. Still, late Lord Walton made certain things clear. He does want certain people to stay in power in Simonton. Notably, everyone in this room. The next lord gets a seneschal, two liutenants, a castle mage and one more landed knight."

He smiles for a moment, bows his head down a bit, and continues:

"But loses two beautiful steeds. Walton, you tricky old dog..."

He rises his haid up and says:

"So it is obvious that he wanted to make the next Lord of Simonton ready. Now, the problem with the whole Civil War is that there were no battles significant in as much they could be called "big." This whole farce has fro all these years been a game of espionage, insults and petty squabbles. It made the whole land go chaotic. Now, consider this: Walton knew, and a person of common sense can notice it, too, that Caithness is in greater trouble from many other things besides internal squabbles."

He faces to the west.

"I believe you all remember Castle Defiant. Some decades ago, that crazy dwarf, I do not recall his name, led an army of orcs, took over the castle in the Great Desert and ravaged the lands around the castle. The refugees came to Caithness, where they spoke of only horror that happened there. Imagine that lunatic to actually gather an army large enough and marches towards Caithness. Could we defend? Yes, but in unity. In a war? We don't stand a single chance."

He clears his throat and turns to east.

"And then we have Megalos on one side and Muslims just beneath them. Should any of the mentioned lose their temper, we are doomed for sure. I wonder why they did not cease the opportunity already and charged at us."

He looks at Godfrey and says:

"Now, Sir Heathwood here has already pledged his oath to you, meaning that one of two necessary nobles has acknowledged you, Stonegate. Walton knew Astaron and Slenthan would never agree to these terms, and I am almost 100% positive they're plotting revenge right now. Therefore, Walton summoned me as the third party. I can and would really love to acknowledge you, Godfrey, but for the reason because Walton wanted it, but because otherwise, Simonton falls down into the hands of others. Do you really want t o see Astaron ruling this? Or worse, Slenthan?"

He pauses for a moment.

"Godfrey, my boy, have no fear. It is a title with which comes the responsibilty, but I believe that people in this assembly can aid you in almost every aspect of ruling the land. Once again, I do NOT wish to see those two geezers in the position of the new Lord, so I believe my decision is more than clear."

He waits a bit to see what Godfrey will say, and others, as well.

EDIT: Changed the last sentence.
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #28
Grey_Fox

Quote:
"Godfrey, my boy, have no fear. It is a title with which comes the responsibilty, but I believe that people in this assembly can aid you in almost every aspect of ruling the land. Once again, I do NOT wish to see those two geezers in the position of the new Lord, so I believe my decision is more than clear."
"Then it is decided, with your blessing Sir Fharin and Sir Heathwood, I will take the title of Lord of Simonton. I thank you all for your support, and dare say I will need more of it in the coming months, Lord Walton trusted all of you and if for no other reason than that you have my trust as well."

A stern expression rolls over his face, the time for mourning Walton would come, but now was a time for action. addressing each of the group in turn.

"We must set about the task of preparing ourselves and Simonton, no doubt Astaron and Slenthan have already begun hatching plots, we must be ready. "

"Grok as seneschal I will need you to make the announcement to the people, I will also need you to make the arrangements for Walton....Sir Heathwood and Sir Fharin I would appreciate your voices there during the announcement to the people, there can be no doubt in the minds of the people who the rightful Lord should be, we must be united in this."

"Duncan if you are willing to step into the roll of lieutenant of the army i will need you to start inspecting the men, we must be prepared if it comes to a fight."

"Ezreal I will need you and the rangers to be the eyes and ears Simonton, we will need advanced warning should we be facing a battle of arms."

"Mister Funchess as castle mage I need you to use what ever means you can muster magic or otherwise to gather information about the war and surrounding lands, as you yourself have said we need to know more before any decision can be made."

"Sir Fharin you were one of Walton's closest friends, and a wise ruler in your own right, I should very much like to hear your council on what you think our stratagem should be."
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #29
Epic Kobold

Grok ducked back out of the room, located a servant and told him to gather the heads of households a soon as possible for a very important announcement. Than he went to the kitchen and told the people there to prepare the dining hall.

He than returned to his chamber, thick with the sound of clucking from a cage in the corner. He emerged a few minuets later still pulling chicken feathers from his teeth. When he was presentable again, he rejoined the group in the assembly room and approached Godfrey.

"The announcement will be made tomorrow mid-morning, I have the castle's fastest messengers gathering the people for it already. I've already made preparations for Walton's final rest, early tomorrow morning, he shall reside in his favorite hill overlooking the river. Also, this is yours."

He removed the key and chain from around his neck and handed it to the new Lord.

Standing to his full nine-foot height, Grok announced to all "There is a feast prepared in the dining hall, all of Walton's favorite dishes to celebrate his life as per his wishes."
Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #30
Skullcrusher

Duncan stops at the door changing his mind about heading to the tavern. He never felt like he amounted to much until now. Now he was given the opportunity to make a difference. He closes the door and turns back around. Lingering within ear shot of the the whole proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
"Duncan if you are willing to step into the roll of lieutenant of the army i will need you to start inspecting the men, we must be prepared if it comes to a fight."
He perks up when he hears Godfrey's words. Bowing at his request,"It would be my pleasure my lord. The inspections will start after your announcement tommorrow. May I count my cohorts in as part of the force? They have fought and survived many battles with me. I would hate for them to sell their sword to our opposition."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, caithess, civil war, mass combat, yrth