Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
Jaware

Default forgot which book something is in.

I believe it's a pyramid, but I don't remember which one.

it's the rules for a large creature attacking with a sweeping motion against more than one enemy. Sort of like the "cleave" from dungeon fantasy powerups.

I just breezed through it because I was looking for something else. Unfortunately I didn't commit it to memory.

does anyone remember?
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: forgot which book something is in.

I suspect you're thinking of either the rules for "Big Swings" (effectively attacking an area with a melee attack, relying on being sufficiently larger than your target that they can't easily avoid), or "Didn't See You There" (large creatures can just move through the spaces of smaller ones and incidentally trample them). Both rules are in "Combat Writ Large", in Pyramid #3/77, "Combat".
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #3
Skarg

Default Re: forgot which book something is in.

(Oh man, they really put "cleave" in DF? Here I had been so proud that my favorite RPG system did not have a multi-target attack ridiculously named "cleave"... oh well.)

In The Fantasy Trip, it's called a "sweeping blow" (q.v. Advanced Melee), though that's not GURPS.

And there is Multiple Targets in Martial Arts p.127, which is a cinematic rule covering what you're talking about, but it sounds like it's not the one you meant if it's in Pyramid and is specific to slashes.

Last edited by Skarg; 11-12-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, pyramid, pyramid 3/77, rules question