Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #1
Prince Charon

Default [Horror/Spirits/Urban Fantasy] Ouija boards in GURPS games

The ouija board, also called a spirit board or talking board, has been pretty common in occultism since the 19th century, to the point that it has a short entry in GURPS Horror for 4e (on p47), probably due to it's use in a number of horror films, books, and TV series (and people who do believe in spooks, many of whom generally recommend avoiding these things entirely, as they 'could invite anything in').

I found myself wondering if anyone has had characters using them in their games; not necessarily the PCs, either: some horror films (and some alleged possession cases in RL) start with a character getting possessed by something that was attracted to a ouija board, and you could potentially do a game where the PCs are spirits who were drawn to a group of teenagers playing with a spirit board in an abandoned house... along with Something Else.

Also sort of wondering if anyone has done house rules for spirit boards.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, spirits, urban fantasy