Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #51
SCAR

Default Re: GURPS Horror is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I don't have the PDF of Horror (Waiting for the dead tree, since it's not immediately useful for my current DF campaign, though I keep hearing things like stress points, derangement points and corruption points that tempt me), but could you check how it displays in Google Docs? Don't share it publicly though, and it should be the same as having the books on a cloud drive such as Dropbox.
I don't have Horror either yet, just the preview. It does display fine in Foxit (but I dislike the 'free' links it tries to add to my machine for other services).

I can wait for a fix to the file as I will be buying the PDF. I made the decision to switch to PDFs exclusively when Thaumatology was released as a PDF well before Hardback.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #52
aesir23

My copy opens in Chrome, adobe reader, and foxit.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #53
Ciaran

My comp copy reads fine. So proud to have been part of this one in however small a way. Particularly delighted by the Corruption rules, the Corrupting enhancement/limitation, the goods on addiction as a horrror element, and the excellent and deeply disturbing treatment of all the real world mythological nasties. A great marriage of crunch and lore. This book will make any game better. It's that good.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #54
SCAR

I noticed that the preview PDF has been updated (file size changed!), and this version works fine on my Windows 7-64bit + Adobe Reader X setup (on which the last one failed).

Thanks, and it's defintely tempting me to buy this sooner rather than later!
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #55
Steven Marsh

I avoided saying anything until I had "tested" it with someone who'd sent me a detailed report privately, but I did tweak the preview a bit. (I suspect something got broken when we generated the preview pages.) Hopefully the preview is working for everyone now! If not, please let me know at smarsh@sjgames.com.

I thought I had seen a report from one person who had problems with the full version of the PDF, but I've never seen anything detailed and it's possible I misread or misremembered something somewhere (no one ever sent an e-mail about it to me). If anyone has purchased the full version and is having any problems, please let me know -- again -- at smarsh@sjgames.com.

Thanks!
Steven Marsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #56
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
... I did tweak the preview a bit. (I suspect something got broken when we generated the preview pages.) Hopefully the preview is working for everyone now!
Thanks, it is working for me now.

I'll probably wait to buy Horror along with the next installment of the Monster Hunter series.
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror