Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-29-2017, 03:37 AM   #11
John_A_Tallon

Default Re: Polycarbonyl Explosive: REF 1.9 at TL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Not really considering that the diamond market is a monopoly and De Beers has more diamonds than they could sell in 100 years.
A gem quality synthetic will sell for about what I was citing, depending on the size, clarity, and color. It wasn't too hard to get prices for those.
John_A_Tallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #12
Fred Brackin

The thing that impressed me was that it was a away to make an advanced explosive without anything like an advanced knowledge of chemistry.

Then there's the possibility of magic/tech cross-fertilization. A TL 3 Enchanter who knew Measurement and Shape Metal and could make Permanent Force Walls could build something that makes one of those Russian anvils look like a garlic press.

Then he could mass produce this fascinating stuff that's 4x as powerful as Chinese Fireworks Powder. At least as long as he doesn't have a critical failure. :)
Old 10-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
Flyndaran
Untagged

Way back in my youth, I wondered about making a curious alchemist that used "simple" heat spells to grow gem crystals like ruby.
Careful/lucky experimentation with magic could allow amazing things that would normally take concerted scientific focused efforts to invent.

Tags
anvil press, carbon monoxide poisoning, explosives, polycarbonyl, polycarbonyl explosive