Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
PenitentDemon

Default Re: Enemy Tether Forming in one sided city.

Oh thought of something hmmmn...

With a Tether of Furfur say in the private home of a Tasteless Garage Musician (soemtimes the way tethers form TRULY has no rhyme or reason it says so once or twice in liber castellorium) How can he resist the Police who will certianly be sent there by dominic possibly in cooperation with asmoedoes on "Disturbing the peace" charges.

Open gunplay would give an excuse for sending mroe cops who are actualy celestials or soldiers.

For that matter how to keep security when your a prviate home without drawing too much attention. beyond the attentiont he ear splitting music is allready drawing.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #12
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Oh thought of something hmmmn...

With a Tether of Furfur say in the private home of a Tasteless Garage Musician (soemtimes the way tethers form TRULY has no rhyme or reason it says so once or twice in liber castellorium) How can he resist the Police who will certianly be sent there by dominic possibly in cooperation with asmoedoes on "Disturbing the peace" charges.

Open gunplay would give an excuse for sending mroe cops who are actualy celestials or soldiers.

For that matter how to keep security when your a prviate home without drawing too much attention. beyond the attentiont he ear splitting music is allready drawing.
It ain't a crime to swear at the cops. You don't have to be violent to be resistant.

That said, ideally you'd have a Balseraph on the local police force to make sure everyone looks the other way.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
PenitentDemon

oh Hmmn

am writing a Seneschal up, one problem is How do I know Im not overpowering an NPC (Its WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too easy to do, ive found, keeping in mind, that 8 force Soldiers are rare and have probaly earned a grudging degree of respect even in diabolical circles.

But hmmn how many extra vessels is probaly appropiate for a Seneschal, to keep an invader occupied?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Remember that unless the Seneschal is a Malakite or Kyriotate, extra vessels just mean more chances to switch before the vessel dies -- if a vessel does die, however, the Seneschal hits Trauma, as I recall. One or two VERY TOUGH vessel(s) may be more effective. (I remember trying to smack a Balseraph who was Distincted, but without the Essence reserves of many Seneschals -- he had a Vessel 6 and 6 CorpForces, and I think 144 hit points and ARGH! Three angels ganging up on him, in a van, and he was still moving!

This was where the Kyriotate of Lighting possessed his pants and used Song of Acid. Thus, the quote: "You can't Dodge your underwear!" and the Canticorum ruling that you can't use Acid without a "mouth" of some kind.0

Do you have the Liber Castellorum? The Book of Tethers would probably help a lot. I forget if the Liber Servitorum had any Seneschals in it...
Old 03-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
PenitentDemon

have it, and it says somewhere that a seneschal can Switch At the MOMENT his vessel has died.

On page 33 it says "He may assume Celestial form following a successful will roll at no essence cost, he may do this reflexively, this may be done reflexively on the same round as a fatal wound to his vessel allowing him to avoid trauma"

Last edited by PenitentDemon; 03-24-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Excellent! Good reasons to have extra vessels. (Another good reason is if you need several different appearances in order to not get funny looks from the mundane humans in the area.)

I'd say that assuming that the Seneschal has 5-6 CorpForces, and high-level vessels, you probably only need 2-3 to make life hard for attackers -- and 4-6 vessels might take down small PC-level groups. More than that might be granted to a Seneschal who is likely to get assaulted by overwhelming numbers, or constant low-grade adventurer parties, er, PC-class groups -- but the GM is going to have to figure out how such constant assaults are explained without Other People getting ticked off by having to cover stuff up all the time.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
... I forget if the Liber Servitorum had any Seneschals in it...
Liber Servitorum doesn't have any sort of Word-bound at all.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Ah, right -- we had Word-bound in one of the drafts, but they didn't make the cut. *nods* Thanks. I'm a bit ill right now and apparently cannot brain reliably.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #19
PenitentDemon

was writing up a wordbound as a Intellectual exercise,

Nariel,

Mercurian of the Sword Master of the Armies of God

Angel of Curtseying (I KNOW what a Silly word but meh)

not sure with NPC word bound when do I know im giving them "too many" songs, attunements, etc, with elder ones who may have been in celestial combat several times, they might easily have more resouces then seem indicated by their forces, but their such a thing as enough.

I looked at it when I was addign songs and said "wait she doesnt need a half dozen roles as "a middle aged socialite" just be one middle aged socialite who travels a lot...

Hmmn just curious is the match of that word to Laurence reasonable since it falsl under ettiquite.

Last edited by PenitentDemon; 03-25-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Tags
tethers