Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #21
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: TL11 and Species advantages

An easy way around that is to simply not have small disadvantage-less species.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #22
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
At the very least, a troll has to pay less (in terms of both outright cost and energy consumption) for his backpack shield generator than an uplifted racoon has to pay for his troll-mech with built-in shield generator.
True on both points, but TL11 is rich in terms of both outright cost and energy.
Quote:
There are also niches that can make being a troll a more feasible option - a battle mech is much more noticeable to the authorities than a troll is, the battle mech probably exerts much greater ground pressure than an encumbered troll (meaning it's less usable with weak ground underneath), and it may require an unfeasible amount of maintenance to keep it up and running.
The civilian environment is a very different question. Assuming packing menacing natural musculature is more readily ignored than low-profile augmenting gear, trolls certainly would have some advantages as thugs. Not really having much to do with carrying heavy weapons, though, HMG-equivalents are neither necessary nor desirable in that context. (And, frankly, I'd be pretty scared of vibroblade-packing raccoons.)

The mech is likely to be heavier than an equal-sized biological, but only because the tradeoff of weighing more for packing in more armor or machinery is considered worth it. If they were worried about that and wanted to build it to be lighter instead of heavier, they could do that.

TL11 bots don't require that much maintenance.
Quote:
There's also the fact that TL11 space opera doesn't necessarily mean agile mechs - Star Wars has been shown in the thread to be arguably a TL11^ Space Opera setting, and the mechs we see there are typically rather clumsy.
I still maintain that there are very few elements of Star Wars that are TL11...and Star Wars has agile mechanicals when it feels like it (see the assassin droids and droid infiltrators in the Clone Wars show, for instance), it's just a wildly inconsistent setting where they cheerfully put those alongside battle droids that would probably be rejected as unsuitable for field use by modern armed forces and AT-series walkers that seem to have legs purely in order to make them slower and less safe to operate.
Quote:
You do bring up a good point, however. If being big is to have any advantages, you need to put serious restrictions on the ability for smaller characters to make themselves bigger. You'll also probably want to give larger characters certain Advantages with a significant discount (such as is seen for ST, but perhaps to an even greater extent) and/or outright make high SM a Disadvantage (and low SM an Advantage).
That was the original point about size: you really have to make an effort if you want to make being any bigger than strictly necessary a good choice.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #23
Mercurae

You could always just say that a minimum sized brain is necessary for intelligence and any larger than that confers no benefit while costing far more resources (food), so natural selection ends up creating a bunch of roughly human sized races. Or maybe a bigger brain does end up being better and the massive brutes are also the most intelligent and advanced race. I would love to see that subversion! Usually the big guys have their strength as an advantage so the little guys need intelligence and tech to match them. But, at high TL the best protection against getting shot is to not get shot, which is a problem for the big guys. If being big is a liability, they could have better intelligence/tech to balance it out.

As for the OP, I would say a tech race for sure. Whether they are full AIs in synthetic bodies or highly modified organics will depend on the setting, but a race that is dependent on their technology more than their bodies is interesting and could be very effective on the battlefield. Traits like Injury Tolerance, machine Possession, and Tech! skills have combat use. They could even have Unkillable...Actually, at TL 11 you could probably justify any not dying advantages.

A full on machine race that can crank out soldiers as fast as they can build them is terrifying, but any TL 11 society should be able to do that with advanced drones. You need a reason why they don't. Maybe the last time they gave combat drones AI they thought it would be a good idea to try to take over the galaxy, so now only organics are allowed to control weapons.

Last edited by Mercurae; 05-21-2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: needed more commas
Mercurae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #24
Crzyraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
And yet if you use TL 11 as a base, Star Wars works pretty well. It won't give you exactly Star Wars, but just grabbing TL 11^ will work decently enough for psuedo-Star Wars.

But Ulzgoroth has a point about Star Wars that I think should be emphasized. There's really no such thing as "TL 11." A tech-level is a guide-line, a starting point, for world-building. Saying that it's TL 11 gives us all a vague idea of what you're trying to do, but your TL 11 will be different from my TL 11, because our campaigns will be different.

I'm building a TL 11 campaign that features some emergent super-science (Teleporters, conformal forcescreens, regeneration rays) and lots of retrotech/safetech (no cybernetics, no volitional AI, no nano-/micro-tech) and very limited weaponry choices, mostly to keep things focused and centered on spaceship action, rather than fussing endlessly over armouries for ground troops.

Based on the design choices I made, I've built and balanced some races around that, but the balance is not just around the tech choices, but what I intend to do with the setting (it's mostly about exploration, so most of the aliens are about fussing over odd social considerations and the occasional weird technology or negative space wedgie).

You'll want to do something similar: Don't just say "TL 11!" and slot all the TL 11 tech into your game. If you did, then an ST 20, SM +1, DR 20 alien is more expensive (point-wise) and less effective than a human in dreadnought armor wielding a semi-portable gravgun. If that's what you want, that's fine: If your premise is "Taking realistic TL 11 technology, what sort of aliens would be useful?" then go do that. Tinker around with what the best tech would be, what realities that creates, what fights will tend to play out like, and then build aliens around that.

On the other hand, if you have a specific vision in mind, then build towards that vision. If you want to have a game where the speedy raccoon alien and the giant bear alien and the human are all equally competitive, then build your technologies around that. That might create highly unrealistic scenarios, but that's not necessarily a bad thing: I would argue that 90% of your video-game- or movie-based inspirations will be highly unrealistic. Star Wars, Star Trek, Starcraft, Warhammer 40k, Guardians of the Galaxy, none of them are exacting explorations of the future of warfare. Arguably, most of them pick an era (or two) that they wish to emulate "only IN SPAAAACE!" and then wrap their fundamentals around that.

For example, in Starcraft, marines can shoot at the spaceships that are making orbital strikes at them. A good 10 marines are enough to take one of these ships down, and one of these ships is large enough to take down about 10 marines. And a single orbital blast might damage a major structure... but these structures are tough enough that while a direct nuclear strike might kill one, it'll only set one on fire if it's a few feet away. There are lots of ways to interpret this, but there's clearly something funny going on in there, and it's not really realistic so much as emulating a sort of 1960s-era combined arms of infantry, tank, close-air support and commandos in a sort of compacted battlefield. If you wanted to do the same, you'd want your final tech to look a lot like modern combat tech, only sufficiently better that people will nod their heads and accept that it's FROM THE FUTURE.

(This gets especially tricky when you want to emulate, say, medieval combat like Star Wars or Warhammer 40k arguably do, and it becomes hard to explain why armor that can stop a blaster can't stop a thrown rock, or why blasters have a slower RoF and worse accuracy than modern combat rifles, but if your players don't look too close, you'll be okay)
Well that why I posted this because I don't know exactly how to change or allow to have brute be balance out.

From what I have decided now, its TL11 with TL12 tech occasional entering the market, there will be "magic" and other powers, haven't decided how the "magic" part is going to work.

There are three factions with four major species on each of them. One call Libra which is excited with exploration with retrotech/20th century/cowboy sci fi feel where they still use bullets instead of lasers, they have great mobility and their weapons deal loads of damage, but suffer from low AP and Rcl. They also have inspiration from Terran, and Futurama. The other is called Nezar which are one with the worlds, where they want to preserve nature (in a spiritual sense), they are TL8+3 (TL8+2 Armor, TL8+2 Biology), industrialization was great but was destroying the very soul of the animals, so scientist and "druids" came together to create spirit tech, that can be use to by the soul itself, divergent them to TL8+1 and so forth. There weapons are super penetrating swords and guns that shoot blades and big guns that shoot lasers and missiles. The closes I can relate to them would be the Eldar from Warhammer 40k and the Masari from Universe at War, if anyone knows that game. The last one is Eslor, they are cold technocrats that want to bring "all" to their full pontinental, and science is the word of god, they believe that science itself is the ultimate force of the universe and those that master it, can become masters of the universe. They are TL11 (TL12 Computers, TL12 Weapons) and they are more normal in terms of Ultra tech then the other two. They also take inspiration from the Esper shard from Magic the Gathering and Tau from Warhammer 40k in terms of just tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
On Star Wars

Star Wars has been altered for what technology it has over and over again. Every beam weapon that exists in Ultratech book, every armor type, other technologies, they have shown up somewhere in Star Wars, even replicators like Star Trek.

Really, depending which Star Wars lore source you want to use, you can even have TL9 guns running around.

To Original Poster

Big Orcs with Injury Tolerance: Damage Reduction and no armor will be quite hearty in a TL11 campaign.

Especially when they're carrying weapons that normally have to be mounted for smaller races. Go ahead and give an Space Orc a Semi Portable Blaster dishing out 6dx2 damage and watch people weep =)
This was an eye opener, even with exo-skeletons and power suits, bigger species will wear bigger and stronger exo-skeletons and power suits.

Quote:
At the very least, a troll has to pay less (in terms of both outright cost and energy consumption) for his backpack shield generator than an uplifted racoon has to pay for his troll-mech with built-in shield generator. There are also niches that can make being a troll a more feasible option - a battle mech is much more noticeable to the authorities than a troll is, the battle mech probably exerts much greater ground pressure than an encumbered troll (meaning it's less usable with weak ground underneath), and it may require an unfeasible amount of maintenance to keep it up and running. There's also the fact that TL11 space opera doesn't necessarily mean agile mechs - Star Wars has been shown in the thread to be arguably a TL11^ Space Opera setting, and the mechs we see there are typically rather clumsy.

You do bring up a good point, however. If being big is to have any advantages, you need to put serious restrictions on the ability for smaller characters to make themselves bigger. You'll also probably want to give larger characters certain Advantages with a significant discount (such as is seen for ST, but perhaps to an even greater extent) and/or outright make high SM a Disadvantage (and low SM an Advantage).
SM costing point? That sound interesting I may put that in mind. One idea I had was to have every species be artifically worth 0 pts and have brutes have more points.

No Sense of Humor [-10]
Crzyraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #25
Crzyraccoon

Here are the species I have made

Libra
Homo: Basically Human aliens
Rocoon: Sentient raccoons because raccoons
Pog: Big Sentient redneck pigs
Yan: Cute spherical creatures that ready to take the unknown

Nezar
Evi: Elf people
Nontor: Little multi-color gnome/catlike people
Khon: Big Koalas
Toad: Sentient Frogs

Elsor
Viner: Cold, tall, blue people
Sor: Bunny/Hamster like species
Ner: Slick, semi upright trolls
Zir: Fuzzy with bird like arms and feet.

No Sense of Humor [-10]
Old 05-22-2015, 01:31 AM   #26
Crzyraccoon

Ok I worked out the stats:

Homo Points 0

Attributes:
Advantages:
Disadvantage:
SM: 0

Rocoon Points -8

Attributes: ST-2 [-20]
Advantages: Claws (Sharp) [+5], Extra Basic Move 2 (Temporary disadvantage: Quadreped -35%) [+7], Flexibility [+5], Fur [+1], High Manual Dexterity 2 [+10], Night Vision 4 [+4], Teeth (Sharp) [+1], Silence 1 [+5]
Disadvantage: Curious (12) [-5], Low Pain Threshold [-10], Imaginative [-1], Stress Atavism (12) (Mild) [-10]
SM: -2

Pog Points +35

Attributes: ST+3 [+27], HT+1 [+10]
Advantages: High Pain Threshold [+10]
Disadvantage: Gluttony (12) [-5], Klutz [-5], Noisy 1 [-2]
SM: +1

Yan Points +5

Attributes: ST-2 [-10], HT+2 [+20]
Advantages: Ultrahearing [+5]
Disadvantage:
SM: 0 (Sphere)

Evi Points 0

Attributes: HT+1 [+10]
Advantages: Shtick [+1]
Disadvantage: Low Pain Threshold [-10], Nervous Stomach [-1]

Nontor Points -10

Attributes: ST-2 [-20], DX+1 [+20]
Advantages: Sharp Claws [+5]
Disadvantage: Chummy [-5], Stress Atavism (12) [-10]
Feature: Tail [0]

Khon Points +30

Attributes: ST+6 [+54]
Advantages: Fur [+1]
Disadvantage: Selfless (12) [-5], Slow Riser [-5], Truthfulness (12) [-5], Xenophilia [-10]

Toad Points +6

Attributes: ST-1 [-10], HT-2 [-20]
Advantages: Extra Arms 1 (Tongue) (Extra-Flexible +50%, Long +1 SM +100%, temporary disadvantage: Open Mouth -20%) [+25], Slippery 2 [+4], Super Jump 2 [+20]
Disadvantage: Missing Digit (Tongue) (4 fingers and 1 thumb) [-13]
SM: -1

Viner Points -4

Attributes: ST+1 [+9]
Advantages: Night Vision 2 [+2]
Disadvantage: Low Pain Threshold [-10], Stubbornness [-5]

Sor Points -3

Attributes: ST-2 [-20]
Advantages: Discriminatory Hearing [+15], Fur [+1], Striker (Tail) (Crushing) [+5], Ultrahearing [+5]
Disadvantage: Curious (12) [-5], Easy to Kill 2 [-4]

Ner Points -1

Attributes: +1 Basic Move [+5], HT-1 [-10]
Advantages: Acute Hearing 2 [+4], Discriminatory Smell [+15]
Disadvantage: Low Pain Threshold [-10], Semi-Upright [-5]

Zir Points -9

Attributes: ST-1 [-10], DX-1 [-20], HT+1 [+10]
Advantages: Catfall [+10], Flexibility [+5], Fur [+1], Sharp Claws [+5]
Disadvantage: Jealousy [-10]
SM: -1

No Sense of Humor [-10]
Old 05-22-2015, 02:48 AM   #27
Mailanka

Quote:
There are three factions with four major species on each of them. One call Libra which is excited with exploration with retrotech/20th century/cowboy sci fi feel where they still use bullets instead of lasers, they have great mobility and their weapons deal loads of damage, but suffer from low AP and Rcl. They also have inspiration from Terran, and Futurama. The other is called Nezar which are one with the worlds, where they want to preserve nature (in a spiritual sense), they are TL8+3 (TL8+2 Armor, TL8+2 Biology), industrialization was great but was destroying the very soul of the animals, so scientist and "druids" came together to create spirit tech, that can be use to by the soul itself, divergent them to TL8+1 and so forth. There weapons are super penetrating swords and guns that shoot blades and big guns that shoot lasers and missiles. The closes I can relate to them would be the Eldar from Warhammer 40k and the Masari from Universe at War, if anyone knows that game. The last one is Eslor, they are cold technocrats that want to bring "all" to their full pontinental, and science is the word of god, they believe that science itself is the ultimate force of the universe and those that master it, can become masters of the universe. They are TL11 (TL12 Computers, TL12 Weapons) and they are more normal in terms of Ultra tech then the other two. They also take inspiration from the Esper shard from Magic the Gathering and Tau from Warhammer 40k in terms of just tech.
Alright, so we have some things to work with. The first thing you need to understand is that the above is complete nonsense, scientifically speaking. There's no way this is going to work with realistic physics but I think you knew that the moment you added "Spirit-Tech" to the game. This is whammo comic-book space-opera physics at its best.

This means two things: First, you are liberated! You do not have to worry about how "accurate" things are, because it's complete nonsense anyway. This means people can't complain that space-spirit-swords don't really work that way because space-spirit-swords don't work at all so stop complaining and get back to punching alien warlords in the jaw and rescuing space princesses, duh. Second, ultra-tech is of limited assistance to you, because Ultra-Tech tries to follow reasonable paths of science. It also tries to emulate some whammo comic-book space-opera physics (hence things like monowire, conformal force screens, force blades and disintegrators), but it tries to do it in a context of a world with realistic weapons, like "Assuming that lasers follow real physics and bullets do too, how tough would a conformal force screen need to be to provide reasonable protection?"

So, at this point, you have two choices. The first is to just throw Ultra-Tech out the window and make up your own stats. Honestly, it's what half of the inspirations you cited do. It's not like the Warhammer 40k people sat down and worked out the physics of shuriken cannons, they just shouted "CANNONS THAT SHOOT SHURIKENS AT PEOPLE!" probably while drunk, and then "balanced" them with the other weapons of the setting. You could do the same:
Revolver rounds do 6d pi+ damage, have an Acc of 2, an RoF of 3, and a Rcl of 2. The damage is ridiculous (the Ruger Super Redhawk deals 5d-1 pi+, and it's huge), but I'm supposing something akin to most revolvers (a Colt Python deals 3d damage, which is about what we expect from a pistol), but I doubled it (while mumbling something about ETK) and gave it a bigger caliber (because it's a large, scary looking bullet). This gives us a weapon that deals as much damage as most rifles, with a satisfying amount of boom, but lacks any real armor penetration or the accuracy or RoF of the other weapons. A typical revolver round deals a base of 20 damage, penetrates 20 DR and will cause up to 30 points of wounding.

The Shuriken Cannon might deal 4d(5) cut with Acc 4, RoF 15 and a Rcl of 2. This is a rifle-design inspired by a mixture of the Gauss CAW (same RoF and rcl and accuracy). The damage is taken from thin air (meant primarily to be less than the revolver) and the armor divisor is meant to compensate: the net result is a weapon that deals 14 damage base, penetrates up to 70 points of armor, and deal about 21 points of wounding. My justification for the weapon is "18mm Gauss CAW that throws hyperdense shurikens at, I don't know, like the equivalent to ST 40."

The laser might deal 6d(2) pi with an Acc of 12, RoF of 10 and a Rcl of 1. This is just a straight up laser rifle: It deals 20 damage, penetrates 40 points of DR, and causes about 20 points of wounding. It does less raw damage than the revolver, penetrates less armor than the shuriken cannon, but is pin-point accurate and will hit with lots of shots.

The revolver is just a pistol, of course. We might use a Storm Carbine as a model for our rifle: 3dx5 pi+ damage, Acc 4, RoF 10, Rcl 3. This weapon deals 50 damage raw, penetrates 50 DR and deals up to 75 damage. This makes it less likely to penetrate armor than the shuriken cannon, less likely to hit with more than one shot than the shuriken cannon (which is putting out a higher volume with less recoil) or the laser (which has superior recoil and vastly superior accuracy).

This gives you an "anti-rifle" DR ratio of about DR 50. A TL 9 Combat Hardsuit gives us DR 50: The storm carbine will rely on raw power to break through that, while the shuriken cannon is just barely penetrating with each hit and the laser will need to aim for limbs or armored visors (where it's only DR 30). The storm carbine arguably comes out the weakest here, but if we introduce giant monsters with low DR and gobs of HP, then the storm carbine begins to shine.

I'll grant you that this is mostly TL 9-10 stuff, not TL 11, but I wouldn't get too hung up on TL, as long as you have the right imagery and the right balance. The idea is to mess with these numbers until you get values you like. Your constraints include providing a tactical role for each member of a race. I will note that in this model, a combat hard suit is heavy and larger guns are heavy, so a strong race has an advantage (what? No battle suits? No. No battlesuits.) I would also add a house rule that lets ST-powered crushing attacks to shoot past armor. I generally just divide the DR by 5. Another I've heard is to give everything a form of blunt trauma. That allows your giant pig-men to punch each other in the face with the butts of their rifles while wearing armor and allow them to feel it.

The other option would be to pick more exacting TL 11 technologies and then rebuild your templates around them. This has its advantages too, but in both cases, I recommend building a bit, setting up some elements, testing some things ("So, how does a Combat-Hardsuited Pog with a storm carbine fare against a Reflex bodysuit wearing Evi wielding a "Spirit-Blade" (psi-blade, of course). Is it balanced? Is it interesting? Or is it a slaughter?") and then adjusting numbers to fit.

Don't be afraid to deviate from UT. Personally, I think its best use for you would be as inspiration.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:51 AM   #28
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyraccoon View Post
Why did the twelve species separate neatly into three ideological factions, and choose the ones they did? Does anybody ever defect to a faction their species doesn't normally support? If so, how are they treated by their former and new factions? If not, why not?

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 05-22-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #29
Crzyraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
*Alright, so we have some things to work with. The first thing you need to understand is that the above is complete nonsense, scientifically speaking. There's no way this is going to work with realistic physics but I think you knew that the moment you added "Spirit-Tech" to the game. This is whammo comic-book space-opera physics at its best.

This means two things: First, you are liberated! You do not have to worry about how "accurate" things are, because it's complete nonsense anyway. This means people can't complain that space-spirit-swords don't really work that way because space-spirit-swords don't work at all so stop complaining and get back to punching alien warlords in the jaw and rescuing space princesses, duh. Second, ultra-tech is of limited assistance to you, because Ultra-Tech tries to follow reasonable paths of science. It also tries to emulate some whammo comic-book space-opera physics (hence things like monowire, conformal force screens, force blades and disintegrators), but it tries to do it in a context of a world with realistic weapons, like "Assuming that lasers follow real physics and bullets do too, how tough would a conformal force screen need to be to provide reasonable protection?"

**So, at this point, you have two choices. The first is to just throw Ultra-Tech out the window and make up your own stats. Honestly, it's what half of the inspirations you cited do. It's not like the Warhammer 40k people sat down and worked out the physics of shuriken cannons, they just shouted "CANNONS THAT SHOOT SHURIKENS AT PEOPLE!" probably while drunk, and then "balanced" them with the other weapons of the setting. You could do the same:
Revolver rounds do 6d pi+ damage, have an Acc of 2, an RoF of 3, and a Rcl of 2. The damage is ridiculous (the Ruger Super Redhawk deals 5d-1 pi+, and it's huge), but I'm supposing something akin to most revolvers (a Colt Python deals 3d damage, which is about what we expect from a pistol), but I doubled it (while mumbling something about ETK) and gave it a bigger caliber (because it's a large, scary looking bullet). This gives us a weapon that deals as much damage as most rifles, with a satisfying amount of boom, but lacks any real armor penetration or the accuracy or RoF of the other weapons. A typical revolver round deals a base of 20 damage, penetrates 20 DR and will cause up to 30 points of wounding.
*Yes, this universe is not realistic by any means, I don't think spiritpunk is remotely realistic in any way because there is no evidence of a soul in the real world, but of course in this universe there is such a thing as a soul that have been scientifically proven. In B513, it even states in Divergent Tech Levels "The GM should specify what caused the split in each case, be it different thinking, different prevailing physics, or something else." so from TL0-8, its was normal development but because they wanted to go the route of greater bonding with nature rather than continuing the
path of greater industrialization, they split from TL8 to TL8+1 and so forth.

**I know UT is generaly realistic and I'm fine with that, I use the book more for to balance numbers rather than looking at what realistic, Eslor tech is much like the tech found in the book and based on more realistic speculation, but have a weird/super tech there and here, Nezar on the other hand, is completely different then what the book say, the book doesn't have TL8+3 spiritpunk so it make sense why not, but I use the book to compare so Nezar doesn't seem under/over power the others, Nezar is more fantasylike then based on scientific speculation. Libra is kinda in between, it have semi-realistic weapons, but just not for TL11, bullet would normally be obsolete in TL11, but they are effective here. There technology don't seem too radically different from Eslor that they would be completely alienating but it can seem to be a divergent tech as well. Due note that well the laws of physics of this universe doesn't seem to make sense to us, doesn't mean they would not have scientific data on their universe, it just different. If they knew about this universe, they would think intelligence from an organ would be nonsense!

As for weapon that I have made;

The Eslore's basic rifle, Pluse-4 Rifle, damage is 5d(10) burn, Acc 5, Rof 3, Shots 20(3), Rcl 1.

The Libra's NRA-7 Rifle, have a damage of 8d pi, Acc 2+3, Rof 8, Shots 24(3), Rcl 3.

And the Nezar that the most oddball out of them all, the Dagger Shots, have a damage of 6d(3) cut, Acc 2+2, Rof 2, Shots 12(3), Rcl 3.

The Nezar sword may also be important to post, its damage is thr+5(10) cut and swing+5(10) cut with Reach 1,2, Parry 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Why did the twelve species separate neatly into three ideological factions, and choose the ones they did? Does anybody ever defect to a faction their species doesn't normally support? If so, how are they treated by their former and new factions? If not, why not?
Well each faction each have there territories in the galaxy, during space colonization, those species where found on other planets and became part of those factions. Recently, they discovered each other face to face and now at war due to different ideologies. Species can be part of the other factions but being aliens to the faction, they most not be trusted.

No Sense of Humor [-10]

Tags
advantages, aliens species