Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #91
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
They definitely suffer from the modern approach to development[... snip]
So you're not a fan of Agile either, I take it? :p

Jokes aside...at this point it is what it is, I'll work around the shipping-cost headaches, either by doing lots of funky math or by not doubling/tripling/whatever up until the Backerkit phase, I just need to balance my ledger and take some hard looks in the mirror to decide what I'm doing with these particular minis (and therefore figure out how many to buy).

My one hope is that if it fails to fund, SJG tries again on another platform instead of giving up on these particular figures...as the big resistance seems to be to IGG (either as a company or as a UX), not to the project itself.
__________________
Andy Mull
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #92
HeatDeath
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Agile us dum,

//Dangit, there's some typos. Enh, I'll fix them in the netx sprint.
HeatDeath is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #93
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Please keep the conversation focused on the current project. We've got a couple of tangents threatening to spin off. Thanks.
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #94
Mack_JB
 
Mack_JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

As a reminder folks, once the physical tooling is made and paid for, then potentially down the road we can get more colors and options for purchasing other quantities. This campaign's the test balloon for a wider variety of the less popular units.
Mack_JB is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #95
Mallen the dark
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Carrollton, Newnan area of Ga
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Wait a minute..... what less popular units. They all taste great with ketchup.


But really, these are the only units I can't justify buying in quanity because there were very few on the battlefield at any one time. And I plan to buy Mk Is and Mk IIs in big numbers as well as lt tanks and LGEVs for my combine only formations as soon as they come out.
Mallen the dark is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #96
Mack_JB
 
Mack_JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
... in big numbers as well as lt tanks and LGEVs for my combine only formations as soon as they come out.
You're just a tad late, I already have something like 156 each of LT and LGEV.

I'd love to have a large fleet of Mk. I and Mk. II though, but that's for the future.
Mack_JB is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #97
Worldwalker
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON_Troll View Post
Why NOT back this project? IGG's reputation isn't the main factor here. SJGs is.
No. IGG's reputation -- and the way they earned it -- IS the major factor here.

Quite simply, I do not want to give IGG any of my money, no matter how small their cut from a project. Not a penny. I would rather pay twice as much to buy the exact same thing from W23 than pledge it on IGG.

They are not a good company. They are not a company I want to do business with. If my only choices are to do business with them or not have the product at all, I must reluctantly choose the latter. If people don't speak with their wallets, they're giving up the only voice they have in how companies behave. And if those companies find there is no downside to acting like that, people will give you money no matter what you say or do -- then that lowers the bar all around; there's no reason for KS, or anyone else, not to behave equally badly.

They have made their choices about both how they want to do business and who they want to do business with. Those are things we the customers need to take into account when we decide whether we want to give them our money or not.

It matters to me, and I have chosen "no" for that -- partly, by the way, because SJG, when asked "why", only said "because." That was rather a disappointment. :(
Worldwalker is offline  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #98
redcoat
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Congratulations on the new campaign guys! I'm in for 2
redcoat is offline  
Old 07-17-2019, 03:30 AM   #99
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
It matters to me, and I have chosen "no" for that -- partly, by the way, because SJG, when asked "why", only said "because." That was rather a disappointment. :(
Posted last month to the Daily Illuminator (as well as earlier in this thread):

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/J...ts_June_Update

"One of the things we're learning as we expand our crowdfunding efforts is that our ability to create and track projects exceeds the limitations and restrictions of the tools we've been using. For that reason, we're exploring other crowdfunding and direct-to-you options for funding some of the projects that we have in the works."

This remains true. We were colliding (hard) with the limitations and restrictions of the tools that we were using. We had to explore new options.
philreed is offline  
Old 07-17-2019, 03:30 AM   #100
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
Congratulations on the new campaign guys! I'm in for 2
Thanks! We'll do our best to make these every bit as good as the Set 1 and Set 2 minis.
philreed is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.