Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 11-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #11
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: GCA and Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Perhaps start a Github project for it? That way, anyone who wants to contribute, can.

I dunno about the legalities, though.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #12
JMason

I started looking into creating one, but I feel that this does need to be a full single file that has all the DFRPG data and not the GURPS data, since page numbers have changed.

But I don't really know what some of the values in the core GURPS data file (which is what I planned on cloning) are for.

Then there is the question of weather or not to keep "monster" traits so that GMs can create DFRPG monsters and NPCs, or get rid of them all and only keep traits from Adventurers.

If I had a bit more knowledge (and a LOT more time), I'd like to create a DFRPG Adventures, Spells, and DFRPG Monsters files to keep everything nicely mapped to the books.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:10 AM   #13
Phil Masters

When I did the Discworld file, someone kindly set me up a Github project. I still ended up doing the lion’s share of the work, but it was useful. And I didn’t claim to be any sort of GCA expert, but the syntax turned out to be fairly easy to learn. Mostly. I never did do the templates, though.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #14
Dammann

I'm working on DFRPG Adventurers. I'll do Spells next, probably, unless someone gets to it before I do.

I am going to try writing it as a stand alone, so that you don't have to load Basic Set data files.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post

I am going to try writing it as a stand alone, so that you don't have to load Basic Set data files.
That sounds awesome
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #16
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
Mostly. I never did do the templates, though.
Even though they're extremely helpful, I can do without the templates in GCA. The templates allow for a flow chart style character design and that's easy enough to follow from the books and modify the GCA character without templates.

Quote:
I'm working on DFRPG Adventurers. I'll do Spells next, probably, unless someone gets to it before I do.

I'm not super savvy on GCA data file modification, but if there's something that you need help with, I'm available to help.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #17
Dammann

If anyone wants to try to write up Trademark Move as an advantage, that is a small morsel of work that I would welcome the opportunity to subcontract. It needs to specify a weapon skill, and attack type, and a hit location iirc
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #18
Colarmel

Quote:
If anyone wants to try to write up Trademark Move as an advantage, that is a small morsel of work that I would welcome the opportunity to subcontract. It needs to specify a weapon skill, and attack type, and a hit location iirc
Probably the player needs to just describe the move in the notes. Since it can include the use of rapid strike and include specific hit locations
Colarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #19
Armin
GCA Prime

If you look at taking a combination from Martial Arts using GCA, you'll see how complex a Trademark Move would have to be to support what's all actually included in that advantage.

I think the idea of describing the move in notes is the best solution, as Colarmel suggested. It's probably too complex to create a builder that isn't too complex itself.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #20
Armin
GCA Prime

I'm probably going to have some time over the next two weeks where I'm going to try to get through my copies of the DFRPG.

Then, I'll go ahead and take a stab at the templates, assuming nobody has done them already. (If I can cheat off of the existing versions of the templates for GURPS DF, that'll help a lot.)

Because the templates usually require a working data file to start with, things might be interesting. I'll probably write them up assuming various traits exist, and then anyone should be able to fix them with correct traits once the file gets done.

Again, assuming that they're not done already, and that my schedule remains as I currently see it.