Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #521
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
OK, I am now officially helpless with laughter ...
If the GM says the same thing...I wonder if it's worth a CP or two? lol

But seriously

What's making me laugh is that she does things like that and she wonders why these guys don't think she's human?

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-25-2012 at 08:34 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #522
tHEhERETIC

You folks have been great sports with my rather loose rules, and I thank you. Seriously. I hope you're having fun, though Sunae's shenanigans will brighten the place up if nothing else.

But something pointed out to me in PM--I've been using the rules on Rule of Law from Heaven and Hell. I blame Incyclopedia for making me forget that I have splatbook Asmodeus and should have consulted it, because there are a couple of restrictions there. Frankly I prefer H & H's version better, I mean, how many Gamesters are going to go Humanity and then catch their prey to put them on the level? And what demon running from The Game is going to let a humanized Gamester close enough to touch?? Homey don't think so, so I'll stand by humanizing...who I did. I'll let your paranoia run for one more minute on that.

I did fudge how much Essence Ajosshi had to work with though. I suppose you could check that vessel and find a reliquary on it, thinking like the mask thing from Princess and the Frog.

So here's what I've done so far and, if you promise not to tell your characters, what I plan to do in the immediate future.

The first Disturbance from killing was you burning Ajosshi's favorite soldier to death--not a Shedite. That was his first clue that maybe he wasn't going to win this fight. (The soldier was hoping to light the garage up, but I felt it was too early for something like that.)

The demons were/are all Ruby's, Ajosshi just hijacked them. My mistake was one my friend Mike would have caught (Mike being the player of M'ranoch Atel last game)--I didn't stay on the proactive/offensive, let my NPC bad guys react rather than press the attack. And they got grilled.

Ajosshi in concept is a very very old Gamester and has survived numerous attacks by multiple angels. Even I was surprised at this outcome, obviously.

Harmony, Harmony, Forbid, Forbid...then when he saw he could lose, his exit strategy. Humanity on himself, because it's a prerequisite, then Rule of Law x3. He'd have hit you all if I'd really wanted to ignore Essence counts and combat rounds. His plan was to just walk out of there...literally. Loot one of the bodies for car keys and drive away.

Failing that...Humanity wasn't just a prerequisite. He'd gambled--correctly--that the angels would not be familiar with it. He simply needed to push enough angels into Humanity that they couldn't go celestial in any kind of numbers. Then, he planned to provoke you all to kill him. Death would mean Trauma but it would also mean a one-way ride to Hell, and with the rest of you stuck in your vessels it was a clean escape.
Splatbook Asmodeus screws with that a little, saying RoL ends when his Humanity does and one could argue death ends the attunement! Just because that's not a mistake he would make, I'm going to put a little lag time between his corporeal death and the angels' ability to pursue, unless I'm wicked lucky and they don't realize that he's died until it's too late.
He's dying--nearly dead--of a barbiturate overdose. Remember Nisroc said one dose for a human, two or three for a demon? Humanity--one dose would have knocked him out, three is stopping his respiratory system. Right now he's thinking dimly how this is so much better than getting fried and sliced like his unluckier minions.
Mentally I composed his descent, but it's too spoilery to put in the main IC. "Flowing to heaven on sun-gilded wings...which is true if you turn the picture upside-down"

Kane and Mitch-- In about a second that Rule of Law is going to let go, and your characters will be their angelic selves again. You've been cool about them not catching on right away that they had it.

And oh yeah--I figure Harmony is over at this point.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-26-2012 at 06:11 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #523
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Lady A, I have one important question for you. Is Sunae's sword still burning?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #524
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Lady A, I have one important question for you. Is Sunae's sword still burning?
Yes, because neither of us know if there is more smiting to be had.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #525
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Yes, because neither of us know if there is more smiting to be had.
Sure, why not. But it's going to burn sulfur-blue for any demon who isn't one step short of redemption. Cooperative =/= good, but can still be helpful.

Quote:
She stops suddenly and looks down at the blade. She tosses it to the nearest ally and continues inside

"Don't argue with me right now, we'll talk about this later!"
I should have read this first.

The house, if I remember where everybody is standing...from where she was to the front door of the house you have Corat, Kane, Zahirah, Mitch, and Ryuki, in that order. No idea about Ash.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-26-2012 at 03:31 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #526
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The house, if I remember where everybody is standing...from where she was to the front door of the house you have Corat, Kane, Zahirah, Mitch, and Ryuki, in that order. No idea about Ash.
So Corat had better think fast or get smacked with a blade
Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #527
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
So Corat had better think fast or get smacked with a blade
That would be "something else" to think about!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #528
ladyarcana55

I forgot to mention and I realize it's probably not clear, but when Sunae is yelling to stop arguing, she is talking to the sword.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #529
tHEhERETIC

I just read in Puck's FB why she's been so laconic lately. I hope I didn't overstep explaining about the gas levels/tolerance. Looking forward to seeing her rested and back here real soon.

Puck--post #522 bottom, in case you're confused.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #530
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I just read in Puck's FB why she's been so laconic lately. I hope I didn't overstep explaining about the gas levels/tolerance. Looking forward to seeing her rested and back here real soon.

Puck--post #522 bottom, in case you're confused.
Yeah, sorry, just wrapped up a production of "What the Butler Saw" Twas very fun. But I should be back to a regular posting schedule!
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine