Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #1541
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
That can also describe Sunae. Well, except for the bed part maybe, but who ever thinks that far?
Kane might disagree. ;)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #1542
tHEhERETIC

Computer at home is working, but no desk chair yet. Whether Kane has the doll is still up in the air--I'm inclined to say yes, but then I have to follow up, at least mentally, on what that means as far as getting Squire back, shaking him down, and what he knows and doesn't know. And right now my creative energy is being used turning my open-plan apartment into a cozy batch of spidey-holes, with shades of Only Lovers Left Alive.

I'll be back shortly.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 AM   #1543
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"They already sent someone to beg us to release them, they were even willing to make a deal. That's what Kane and I were going to talk to you guys about before all this happened. But we have yet to hear on whether they agree to the deal of not."
post 2250 etc. in case you've forgotten--and kudos to ladyarcana for remembering!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #1544
tHEhERETIC

I'm promising myself a master plot page--we're getting to the point we need one--but meanwhile the deal you folks are referring to.

Starts around post #2081
Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #1545
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Sorry, another nutty week on the personal and professional fronts. I'll jump back in on Saturday, promise.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #1546
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Sorry, another nutty week on the personal and professional fronts. I'll jump back in on Saturday, promise.
LOL that's sweet. I 'owe' you all a giant, relationship-web charts explanation of this story so far, as you're getting near its turning point (or at least near its planned turning point--these things have a way of getting away from me!). Aaaaand I've spent the evening unpacking my electronics instead. So there's that.

Offhand, though, especially since you and ladyarcana have brought it forward...

So here's how it goes:

Ryuki commits to Heaven's side of the war. This is only trivial as long as it remains a secret.

Rival Gerald Kingman kidnaps his late uncle, trying to bully Ryuki into using his angelic contacts to stave off imminent death. Instead the angels fly into L.A. and finish him off, bringing back Uncle Shiro (wounded, but that's not immediately obvious).

Since both Kingman and (in the last story) the sorcerer Gavin Russo were killed with swords--Ryuki is a suspect in their deaths. Kingman's body was never found, but the blood... This is only a problem if he gets arrested in a demon town. However...

Before he died, Kingman released Frank, a hybrid of a demon and a Mayan slaughter god. He slaughtered. He also got the attention of a demon of Technology, the canonical Tishbite. Tish and his three 'friends' held off an attack from our Malakite, even if they were screaming like girls.

Chasing down Frank, however, got the party's paths crossed with Ruby, who was fending off a demon of The Game. Helping her send him out of L.A. scored the party serious points with the Demon Queen of L.A. However, it sent Hell into a tizzy. Angels fighting in L.A.? Stopping slaughter? Involved in the unsurprising but annoying ejection of a Gamester from the town Hell holds only barely? This will not do.

The ethereals, meanwhile, captured two newly minted spies of Dreams, peers of Ryiuki's. They use this to get angelic attention, to offer help in bringing in Frank. The Baron Samedi leads, Artemis guides, and six or seven of the Wild Hunt hunts. They use the confusion to get one of their number to escape onto the Earth, and even threats and promises won't get you his name...but glimpses of common cause do. One of the party knows the lost Huntsman's name.

Zahirah peels off, fighting her Superior's contradictions, and stops on Oahu on the way in. Ryuki's mentor is Hellsworn but clearly wants out, and seeing as she helped get him in that fix she helps get him out. He is forbidden sorcery but given an angelic Song. This would not matter except that he is a priest of Pele.

So 'two' missions into L.A.--the Gamester and the hybrid--and Hell is getting insecure. It retaliates in open warfare, attacking the site of a decisive and tragic battle of the Korean War, in Pohang. Seneschals unwisely jump into the fray and many are sent into trauma. Malakim go to the site and are overwhelmed by numbers, and the diabolical tactic of taking them prisoner rather than just chopping down their vessels.

Despite his thorough distaste in dealing with her, Ryuki has cut a deal or two with Ruby for the benefit of the party. One of them will bring her to a theater production of the Mikado in a suburb on the outskirts of San Francisco--extremely dangerous territory for a demon like her, yet it appears she will attend.

Also on his plate is his growing fondness for Sunae but his utter hatred for her great x grandfather. His plans to subjugate the old man can sidetrack him or motivate him.

After all this madness the party is contacted by William Squire, who claims to be the great puppetmaster of it all, who knows the party has his Discord Doll. Squire leads them to a friendly game of chess between Baal and Michael, claiming he controls them both. Kane sends Squire to Hell, or Limbo, or wherever his heart might be. Michael notes that Baal is itching for open warfare despite the lack of signs, and he finds this worrying.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-08-2014 at 07:23 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:12 AM   #1547
tHEhERETIC

Feeling stoopid--which Cherub attuned who??

Quote:
Sunae looks at Glen, mildy surprised

"I misjudged you. My apologies. But I still say it was a mistake for that Cherub to keep that attunement. It's not going to stop me from running that Demon through."
--edit-- I dimly remember such a thing. I archived the thread--the whole Pacific War--on a flash drive that I can take to work tomorrow. If I have time that's not eaten up on lessons I'll get some things done here.

It's good to have a normal job again.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-11-2014 at 05:41 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #1548
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Feeling stoopid--which Cherub attuned who??
Remember, that one Fire Djinn who Redeemed? When he Redeemed, he didn't give up his attunement to the Impudite he was friends with, the same Impie who is 'employed' at Glen's shop.

Dennis, I think Cherub was?

The one who asked Ryuki for some information to give to Ruby to pay off his debt to her. He's also trying to pay off his friend's debt to Ruby. I believe he gave the guy the info about the robe at the theater.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #1549
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Remember, that one Fire Djinn who Redeemed? When he Redeemed, he didn't give up his attunement to the Impudite he was friends with, the same Impie who is 'employed' at Glen's shop.

Dennis, I think Cherub was?

The one who asked Ryuki for some information to give to Ruby to pay off his debt to her. He's also trying to pay off his friend's debt to Ruby. I believe he gave the guy the info about the robe at the theater.
Ah Dennis--based on Denis Leary. He was attuned to Bruce, Glen's prisoner, and still cares but has probably dropped the attunement--he won't advertise it if he does. He's the same one who wanted to pay his last debt to Ruby, hates Ryuki, doesn't know they're on the same side and would gladly punch him in the face given the chance. And yes, the coin to pay his debt was the information about the kimono.

So now when Sunae says "taken by that demon"...now I understand which demon you mean! I thought you meant someone was attuned to Squire and I'd just forgotten about it.

Carry on...
Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #1550
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring you, just regrouping.

Tags
in nomine