Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
larsdangly

Default Re: Running Tollenkar's Lair

Cool! Why do your brigands have such low point totals; are they prootwaddles or something?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #12
pyratejohn

Well, I had considered it, but decided not to. Thus, their story is that the band was fairly successful at waylaying travelers, but ever since Kess' group moved in they had fallen on very hard times. Except for the goblin they were all half-starved and suffering from vitamin C and D deficiency.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #13
pyratejohn

Remember that river "river journey" part of TL, with the barge, and the rocks...?
Yes, I know that isn't part of the adventure as written, but we haven't gone off the trails, we started off of the rails!

However, everyone is having a blast. If our awol player returns next week I suspect the party will reach the lair at the end of the session, assuming the don't spend too much time in Bendwyn visiting taverns and searching for clues.

A pic from of the river barge.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=67cd753d91

And another, as it takes on water, with one wizard slowly floating away, while the gargoyle PC flies back to the barge with one of the other "man overboard" crew.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=cb06742cdb

He was eventually able to rescue the wizard, and the ship's carpenter was able to get the rushing waters under control. They pulled ashore, but had to go in search of "caulk reeds" to fix the leaky seams. The reeds were in a nearby marsh, but as the party went to gather them they disturbed a grazing catoblepas. The giant, upon seeing it, let out an earth-shattering roar, which actually frightened the thing off.

Reeds in hand, the group went back to the barge, finished the repairs, were attacked by a giant rat swarm in the middle of the night, and then set out the next morning to continue their journey up the Bright River.

Last edited by pyratejohn; 07-07-2018 at 07:00 PM.
pyratejohn is offline   Reply With Quote