Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #781
cherez

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
I'd also add Minion, so that you won't get docked points for mistreating your allies, and have some justification in automatically replacing "used up" orphans.
I considered that, but to be around 50 points, you'd have to drop to 10 orphans, or only appears under a 12. I suppose 10 living bombs an adventure is still very useful.
cherez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #782
makai

Strings in Theory (48)

Binding/3

This attack propells 300 invisible pseudo-energy projectiles/second.
Each explodes on or near target sending vibrations out along the substructures of the universe. These vibrations tend to resonate
matter in such a way that it becomes immovable.

(Engulfing +60%)(unbreakable +40%)(Area Effect/4 yd, 100%)
(Contact Agent +150%)
(no signature +20%)(Selective Area +20%)(RoF 300, +300%)
(Increased Range/2, +10%)
makai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:05 AM   #783
PK

Contact Agent is unnecessary -- it has no effect on this attack. Also, RoF 300 is probably a bit excessive, since you'll only get +8 to the attack or so -- I'd probably cut the RoF down a bit and sink the points into something like Homing, so more strands will hit.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #784
Captain-Captain

Light Bullet Proof clothing

This power gives a suit of clothing DR and the Skintight and Supersuit Perks. A lot of Supers settings will have ^ tech levels and may include mundane protective gear of this sort (IST has Polykev for example). However, if you want to have your costume protect you. If these exist you are as free as your GM allows to combine the two in one garment.

Damage Resistance (X) (Tough Skin; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed; Super) [2X]
Skintight [1] Supersuit [1]. A quick formula to determine cost is (DR +1) x 2.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #785
aesir23

Jinx: (Affliction lvl 1: Disadvatage: Total Klutz (+15), Area Effect lvl 4 +100%, Always On –50%, No Signature: +20%, Cosmic: Irresistable +300%) [49]
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #786
Angry Sandwich

Orbital Space Laser (+95%): Burning Attack 5d (Overhead, +30%; Area Effect, +100%; Increased Range (1/2D Range only), +15%; Low Signature, +10%; Takes Extra Time, -20%; Accessibility (Outside Only), -20%; Takes Recharge, 20%; Nuisance Effect (Hurts the eyes) 0%) [49]

Notes: You aim a small laser pointer at a target for a second as the orbiting satellite takes aim. Best wear some sunglasses as a vicious red beam descends from the heavens. While cloud cover is not a concern, anything more dense then that blocks the satellite's tracking system. 49 points

Orbital Rail Gun (+220%): Large Piercing 2d (Armor Divisor (5), +150%; Overhead, +30%; Accessibility (Outdoors Only), -20%; Low Signature, +10%; Rapid Fire (7), +70%; Takes Recharge, -20%; Delay:Fixed (2 sec) 0%) [52]

Notes: That laser pointer you have has a thousand and one uses. Okay, so it has 2. This secondary function of the satellite acts as really big sniper rifle. In space. With rapid fire just to make sure the target is really dead. It launches a volley of large projectiles at the target. They take a few seconds to hit but when they do, well, at least its a quick death. Head shots tend to be a given. 52 points

For added fun, the laser can be a secondary weapon :)
Angry Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #787
Atreyu_Hibiki

You know, I've seen a lot of people state that in GURPS, you'd need about 53 CP to be able to blow up every living thing on the Earth, in reference to the Gurps Fan's M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N attack, and that's just not true.

You need 53 CP to blow up every living thing in an area 6 times the size of the known Universe.

You need considerably less to commit genocide on the Earth.
Noting this, I proudly present to you:

M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N.'s Little Sibling (+2390%): Toxic Attack 1 point (Affects Insubstantial, +20%; Area Effect, 34359738368 yards; or 19,522,578.6 miles, +1750%; Cosmic, Irresistible attack, +300%; Emanation, -20%; Rapid Fire, RoF 300, +300%; Selective Area, +20%; Underwater, +20%) [25]
Notes: As per M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N., but over a smaller scale - please note that the Diameter of the Earth is 7,926.41 miles.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #788
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Hi there! It's been a while, but I have returned! And I got a nifty one!

Two-Fisted Champion (50 points)
Combat Reflexes [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (13 points)
Claws: Blunt Claws [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (3 points)
Daredevil [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (13 points)
High Pain Threshold [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (9 points)
Rapier Wit [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (5 points)
Serendipity 2 [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (26 points)
Unfazable [Pact/Great Vow -15%] (13 points)

Code of Honor: Severe (-15 points)
Vow: Great (-15 points)

Quirk: Talks in noir-speak (-1 point)
Quirk: Always Wears a Hat (-1 point)

Our Hero has sworn a Great Swearing - capture the guy who killed his partner, get the Nazi rat who blew up the bar, whatever - and the sheer power of his Vow has turned him into a film-noir-style Bogart-esque Champion! He has become a great fist-fighter who can take punches all night, never crack under interrogation, and deliver a sharp one-liner while hanging by one finger from a cliff-face. Not to mention those incredible strokes of dumb luck that aid him in his Quest for Justice!
Of course, this only applies on his Heroic Quest. When that is complete, he becomes a schlub again. But until then he's knocking out Big Palookas with one punch and asking piano players to "Play it again".

Last edited by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2; 02-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #789
transmetahuman

Germs in Black (+4,891%)

Toxic Attack 1 point (Cyclic, 1 day, 493 cycles*, +4930%, highly contagious, +50%; No Signature (leaves magical trace), +20%; Symptoms, 2/3 HP, Disadvantage, Partial Amnesia, Magical events & inconsistencies witnessed, +10%; Disadvantage, Trivial Delusion, "Magic isn't real, and people who believe in it are delusional", +1%; Contact Agent, -30%; No Wounding, -50%; Onset, 1 day, -30%; Accessibility, Not versus treated Cabalists, mages, or supernatural beings, -0%; Magical, -10%.

*Using the Multiplicative Modifiers option:
2,481 cycles (+24,810%)
1 + 24,891% = 250; 250 - 80% = 50

A magical disease with harmless symptoms that very few will ever notice - and those few can be readily dealt with by the Cabal's more conventional teams. Note that it is not the resistible form of Cyclic; once you catch it, you'll feel the symptoms within a week or two, and spread it by contagion for months or years. By the time your current infection has ended, and you've healed up the virtual HPs and no longer feel the symptoms, you will probably have been infected again, several times, as you and your neighbors continually re-infect each other. New memories of supernatural weirdness will be doubted by yourself as well as others, and probably getting hazy within days and totally forgotten within weeks.

Cabalists, non-Cabalist supernaturals (not always a benefit for the Cabal, hence the -0% Accessibility), and the few with natural immunity (see Campaigns p. 443) will remember the truth, but acquired immunity doesn't apply to this strain. Recent memories may return, and the infection end prematurely, if the victim enters an area with no mana at all.

This is the write-up for the Philosopher who first developed the ritual. No one actually has this ability anymore (though the Cabal has the records, if they need to re-create it) - it's just a disease, floating around out there.

Last edited by transmetahuman; 02-14-2008 at 11:24 AM.
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #790
RedMattis

I'm guessing that one is floating around in Sunnydale. :P

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers