Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #1
Anders

Default Has anyone run Monster Hunters/Voodoo campaign

My latest of my umpteen projects is a Monster Hunter/Voodoo campaign. I'll probably have to let RPM go, and replace it with the Path magic detailed in Voodoo (it's for 3rd ed, but I'm fairly certain it was updated for Thaumatology so adapting it for 4th ed shouldn't be too difficult). The Shadow War needs champions, after all.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #2
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Has anyone run Monster Hunters/Voodoo campaign

The magical system from Voodoo was updated for Path/Book Magic in Thaumatology, not Ritual Path Magic. Ritual Path Magic is more like the magic seen in the Buffyverse, relatively slow but incredibly powerful. Unless you want a superpowered setting like the Buffyverse (which is pretty much the primary inspiration for Monster Hunters), Path/Book Magic is more appropriate for the subtle setting of Voodoo.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
copeab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
My latest of my umpteen projects is a Monster Hunter/Voodoo campaign. I'll probably have to let RPM go, and replace it with the Path magic detailed in Voodoo (it's for 3rd ed, but I'm fairly certain it was updated for Thaumatology so adapting it for 4th ed shouldn't be too difficult). The Shadow War needs champions, after all.
Path magic was the system I used in my 3e Weird WWII campaign. I was so impressed by it I really stopped having an interest in using dpell magic for anything.

GURPS 3e stuff: http://copeab.tripod.com
copeab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 AM   #4
Anders

And I have a skill list!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdav1zx0n5...0List.pdf?dl=0

It's basically the one in MH, with a few changes. First of all, I have introduced two new attributes (because why not?) - Psyche (magical power) and Charisma. Also consolidated a few combat skills - Broadsword and Shortsword, the various fencing skills, and replaced Thaumatology with Ritual Magic. Does anything look egregiously wrong?

Tags
monster hunters, voodoo