Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
robkelk
Untitled

Default Conventions and SFWA's anti-harassment policy

If this has been discussed previously, I missed it.

Does Steve Jackson Games have an official position on John Scalzi's "Convention Harassment Policy"? Mr. Scalzi is the current president of the SFWA, and the policy is published on the SFWA website. I know that at least one of SJGames' published writers is a SFWA member. However, the policy is voluntary...

Does this policy affect decisions on which conventions Steve Jackson Games staff attend as Steve Jackson Games staff (as opposed to attending as private individuals)?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Donovan

Default Re: Conventions and SFWA's anti-harassment policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
If this has been discussed previously, I missed it.

Does Steve Jackson Games have an official position on John Scalzi's "Convention Harassment Policy"? Mr. Scalzi is the current president of the SFWA, and the policy is published on the SFWA website. I know that at least one of SJGames' published writers is a SFWA member. However, the policy is voluntary...

Does this policy affect decisions on which conventions Steve Jackson Games staff attend as Steve Jackson Games staff (as opposed to attending as private individuals)?
Mr. Scalzi is actually the past president of SFWA, the current president is Steven Gould. I believe that policy is a private one of Mr. Scalzi's but one he has encourages others to adopt.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Mr. Scalzi is actually the past president of SFWA, the current president is Steven Gould. I believe that policy is a private one of Mr. Scalzi's but one he has encourages others to adopt.
I stand corrected. It's still a policy that the SFWA is associated with (in as much as it's posted on their official website), though.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I stand corrected. It's still a policy that the SFWA is associated with (in as much as it's posted on their official website), though.
It's posted as a resource and a policy that several SFWA folks have adopted, though. Reading that page, I see nothing there that even hints at "this is an official SFWA policy and SFWA members should adhere to it." It's much more of a "hey, if you're looking for a policy, some of our former and present officers have chosen this one."

While I personally agree with the policy, I have received no directive from On High regarding it...at all. I take that to mean that from the company's perspective, I am free to adhere to it (or ignore it) as I see fit. Of course, with me working from off-site, my lack of direction may not reflect what the guys at HQ are told...so please don't take this as anything more than what I've said.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conventions