Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
David Johnston2

Default Re: Size of Planet Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
What ever they've got it's reliable enough for them to set up trade, worst case scenario is any team they drop off else has to make the trip to Tredory to get back, which could be a problem, but one they'll account for in planning.
y.
I had the impression that they ditched Yrth's White Star outlet with the new edition.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #12
TJSwoboda

Thanks for the replies and info. I'm leaning against running this game on Yrth, now. :)
TJSwoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Not related to Yrth, but have you checked out Mindshadows, a d20 India-based setting?
Old 01-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #14
scc

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I had the impression that they ditched Yrth's White Star outlet with the new edition.
Nope. It was originally a Cabal thing back in 3e, but when they made 4e the symbol of the White Star became Infinities, and it actually makes sense, the Cabal would not be operating on Yrth
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #15
Flyndaran
Untagged

Not fully, but there would be a few Cabalists raiding it for resources. Like Homeline dealing with a similar tech world, it's dangerous but they still have an edge.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
TJSwoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Not related to Yrth, but have you checked out Mindshadows, a d20 India-based setting?
Not yet, but I will now. Also, regarding your signature: I was recently reflecting that I own twenty-six GURPS supplements, and that I've played GURPS a grand total of once. That was over twenty years ago (Summer '96), and it was a GURPS Supers game. Among those twenty-six GURPS supplements that I own, Supers is not one of them.
TJSwoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
Not yet, but I will now. Also, regarding your signature: I was recently reflecting that I own twenty-six GURPS supplements, and that I've played GURPS a grand total of once. That was over twenty years ago (Summer '96), and it was a GURPS Supers game. Among those twenty-six GURPS supplements that I own, Supers is not one of them.
I own almost all of GURPS 4e and almost all Classic 3e. Love the realism, but it's definitely a toolbox. :-)

Note that Mindshadows is part of the psionics series from Green Ronin (I think). So it integrates psi instead of magic (I think). Edit: Review site I read said it had a companion monster compendium.

Last edited by Pragmatic; 01-15-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #18
dcarson

White Star can also be a collection of stranded Infinity people. You need to do something to make a living and using White Star gives a clue to either later stranded agents/researchers or rescuers as to where to find you.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:05 AM   #19
Whyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
White Star can also be a collection of stranded Infinity people. You need to do something to make a living and using White Star gives a clue to either later stranded agents/researchers or rescuers as to where to find you.
That is a very cool idea. Pick up a name that is not too out there, but still has a definite meaning for people from your own timeline so that they will at least come to check you out.
Whyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #20
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Not fully, but there would be a few Cabalists raiding it for resources. Like Homeline dealing with a similar tech world, it's dangerous but they still have an edge.
They'd certainly stick to the shadows for the most part, but magical secrets are magical secrets, and Yrth is likely have a few of interest to members of the Cabal.

Besides, who's to say that they are not the masterminds behind the Templars or the Jesuits?

Tags
yrth