Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
voodoo54

Default Ogre is awesome!

I just received Ogre 6th edition in the mail yesterday and it is AWESOME! Long time GURPS fan but never really got into Ogre until I noticed all the hoopla about the kickstarter edition on sjgames youtube site about a month ago. I dont know how I missed the whole kickstarter thing so I ended up having to find a set on ebay and order it. After reading the rulebook and watching Steve's how to play video on youtube my 13 year old son and I played Ogre for the first time. We played the first scenario in the rule book with him as the Ogre and me as the defense. He won a marginal victory by destroying my command post but I knocked out all his treads with my howitzer and some infantry left before he could escape. It was a blast to play. Anyway thanks to Steve and his whole crew as well as all the people who put money into this project to make it happen. By far one of the best wargaming products ever made. If I had known about this earlier I would of ordered two sets. My only question for sjgames or anybody out there is since I didn't get the complete set of minatures does sjgames plan on supporting this product into the future? I noticed pretty much everything ogre specific is out of stock/print. And what I mean specifically is I would like to purchase more cardboard minitures to complete my ogre garage. Is their plans to make more minatures in the future or was this whole thing basically a one shot deal?
voodoo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Thirdpower

Default Re: Ogre is awesome!

For the most part this was supposed to be a 'one shot' outside of any possible expansions. For additional retail and KS exclusive sheets, you're probably going to have to hit Ebay. There are also several sheets available through individual purchase from those who sponsored them through the KS. Those are listed here w/ various availabilities:

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/
Old 01-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Buzzardo

Welcome to the Ogrehood. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
StormCrow42

There should actually be 2 waves of expansions coming. First will be the Ogre assault packs, which look to be 4 separate small expansions with a new unit and some new terrain along with a scenario or two (they were playtesting them at the launch party). There was also a larger expansion promised through the Kickstarter, probably including at least one more map. There hasn't been much more about that from SJG yet, but they often don't make product announcements until something is off to print or later.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
There should actually be 2 waves of expansions coming. First will be the Ogre assault packs, which look to be 4 separate small expansions with a new unit and some new terrain along with a scenario or two (they were playtesting them at the launch party). There was also a larger expansion promised through the Kickstarter, probably including at least one more map. There hasn't been much more about that from SJG yet, but they often don't make product announcements until something is off to print or later.
Also, most of them just went back to work this week, I think, from the holidays.
Frost Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
Dkdwyer

Well as far as maps are concerned, G3/S3 from Battlelands would be nice for the DE expansion maps.
Dkdwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkdwyer View Post
Well as far as maps are concerned, G3/S3 from Battlelands would be nice for the DE expansion maps.
Battlefields, yes. It's not at all clear if they would go the simple route and produce G3/S3 (and I'd be concerned that it was backprinted to keep cost down), or if they would come up with a completely new map (maybe a different orange map or a blank map?).
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #8
voodoo54

Thanks for the info and thanks thirdpower for the link. Hopefully sjgames will continue to support Ogre and all it's wargaming goodness.
voodoo54 is offline   Reply With Quote