Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [IW] Ordinary Worlds with valuables!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Rome-17 is yet another "different end of the Roman Empire" parallel, currently 2006, TL6, and politically incomprehensible to someone without a lot of background info. Althistorians and their ilk love to study it, but White Star loves it for a different reason: cuisine.

Rome-17 has three separate "gourmet" traditions that exceed (in critics reviews, at least) anything done on Homeline, and the local chefs are secretive, paranoid, and clannish, so the knowledge of exactly HOW they are making all this wonderful food is still not out.

But carefully prepped Homeline muckymucks pay a LOT to eat a fancy meal at their premier establishments, before heading out clubbing on Nergal-4.
I know that no matter how awesome other realities are, I would have to occasionally visit this one if only for Diet Pepsi.

What if some amazing tastes require alternate physics to create, but can exist in Homeline?
Or based on alien organisms. Giant snail mucus jelly is all the rage and quite delicious if you never see it farmed.

Tags
infinite worlds