Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Frost Giant

Default Nightfall Counter Sheets

I'm confused! On their web page from the SJG counters page it says they have two counter sheets and and scenario package. But, they show three sheets on their page. Also, it says $20.00 each. Is this for a package or per sheet??
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Qthulhu

Default Re: Nightfall Counter Sheets

Quote:
...Ogre: Nightfall" consists of two exclusive counter sheets compatible with Ogre Designer's Edition and a 16-page booklet...
This is probably what you're paying for. I say "probably" because it looks like they're onto three sheets now.

The people to ask would be the people making it, they can give you facts.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
ColBosch

Here's the deal: during development of Ogre Designer's Edition, sheets were going to be printed at +/- 11x17" each. Later on, the basic "sheet" unit was split in half, so one 11x17" became two 8.5x11". (MASSIVE CAVEAT: I may be misremembering and they started as 8.5x11" and later doubled in size.) The sponsors were given a choice: for each of the sheets they bought, they could use standard dies (i.e., those SJ Games had already paid for) and get two 8.5x11" sheets for the price of one, or design a custom die and only get a single 8.5x11" sheet. Since Fire Mountain is only using standard dies, you should get two of the 2D unit counter sheets plus one each of the 3D.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
BlackHat

Nightfall comes with 3 sheets.

B5, K2, L2

B5 - 2D units (White Sheet) (Trucks, Missile Crawlers, various GEV types, SHVY, INF, etc)
K2 - 3D Units (Black Sheet) Ogres (Mk III, MkV, Mk VI) buildings (CP, Tower, Turrets, etc)
L2 - 3D Units (Black Sheet) Damaged Ogre, Buildings (Reactor, CP, Mobile CP, Reactors, Strongpoints, etc)

Maybe originally it was 2 sheets when the SJ page was written, (B5 and K2/L2) but I think K2/L2 was one of the big sheets (11x17) that was cut in half to make 2 sheets (11x8.5). K2 & L2.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
StormCrow42

Although only one copy of B5 is pictured, the other backers with conventional unit sheets have received them in sets of 2. So I expect that Nightfall will ship with their scenario book, 2xB5, 1xK2, 1xL2.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
Although only one copy of B5 is pictured, the other backers with conventional unit sheets have received them in sets of 2. So I expect that Nightfall will ship with their scenario book, 2xB5, 1xK2, 1xL2.
This. I'm pretty sure that somewhere around here, or perhaps on FMG's site, they gave a counter breakdown, and it was clear that there are two copies of B5.

I'm poking around to see if I can find the confirmation.

Edit: As a piece of evidence, note that the Nihon sheets came two to a pack, but only one is shown on the Sponsor page. Why show duplicate images?

Last edited by ColBosch; 01-13-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
I've emailed but haven't heard back as of this afternoon.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
AstralWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
...MASSIVE CAVEAT: I may be misremembering and they started as 8.5x11" and later doubled in size...
The first $4,500 pledge level (8 backers) mentions an 8" x 10 " sheet, with no restriction on dies. The second $4,500 level (1 backer) has a 10.5" x 17.125” sheet using an existing die. So it looks like SJG decided to let sponsors choose which option they wanted rather than tying them to the pledge description.

In Nightfall's case, it looks like the all the sheets were based on existing dies (K2 and L2 on the KS-exclusive "Targets go Boom" sheets 1 and 2 and B5 on Paneuro sheet B1). If so, then FMG may have requested 2 sets of B5 which would then mean each Nightfall set having 4 sheets - but we'll have to wait on Gary to confirm that.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
Dakk

They must be pretty busy. I imagine many have emailed them not heard back. I'm sure we'll hear something soon though. I'm still waiting get a follow up email requesting additional funds for international shipping.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
AstralWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakk View Post
They must be pretty busy. I imagine many have emailed them not heard back...
Sadly, responsiveness has been a long-term problem for FireMountain. See their Throne of Night comments page for example (in fairness, a PDF of that KS's first adventure has been delivered to most backers).
Closed Thread