Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 05-02-2023, 06:45 AM   #31
Refplace

Default Re: Still no downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Which is why someone from management should be providing the updates. Less questions would be asked if information was regularly being provided.
What updates though? A timeline? Maybe.
But so far we know the main issues and they have said they were working on them. When specific, espewcially small or quick to fix like the last supplement not showing up on the New Rease page they get fixed very quickly.
The old W23 downloads being added to the new one is an ongoing issue but a massive effort. I suspect they are having to go through each account and move the remaining items over individualy. A data migration would have been better and they did that but it diod not cover everything. So maybe they doing it by hand, maybe designing a new algotym. Either way any ETA is tricky and more likely to get complaints than credit if details announced.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:36 PM   #32
Riandor Na'Eris

I want to make a positive note. After I made a list of what I was still missing and sent them to Support, my list of missing downloads has been reduced from almost 300 to only 9.
Riandor Na'Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:40 PM   #33
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
What updates though? A timeline? Maybe.
But so far we know the main issues and they have said they were working on them. When specific, espewcially small or quick to fix like the last supplement not showing up on the New Rease page they get fixed very quickly.
The old W23 downloads being added to the new one is an ongoing issue but a massive effort. I suspect they are having to go through each account and move the remaining items over individualy. A data migration would have been better and they did that but it diod not cover everything. So maybe they doing it by hand, maybe designing a new algotym. Either way any ETA is tricky and more likely to get complaints than credit if details announced.
Any updates. If they need to check each account by hand, tell us that's what they need to do. If they're adding a new sort option, tell us when they think it will be available. By all means provide a longer than expected timeline so they can come in ahead of it - no need to make unrealistic promises they can't keep.

Failing to communicate is far, far worse than copping a bit of stick for missing a timeline - and timelines can be vague "We're not sure exactly how long this will take, but we'll give you an update on our progress next month". It's honest, and it shows they're still doing something. As it stands, there are issues raised at the start of the beta that remain outstanding. Are they on the radar to be addressed or not? We can't know because no one is telling us.

There's a post above that 300 missing items are down to 9 for one user. That's great, apart from the missing 9 items. My question is, has someone communicated to that user what's happening and when it's expected to be finished? If SJG think all the missing items have been moved, surely you'd expect them to let the user know to check rather than wait for the user to have to guess when the right time is to ask again for the remaining missing items? And is it more efficient to respond to each individual user, or provide a broader update on progress on a regular basis?

It might be hard - in fact, good customer engagement takes work - but not doing really pushes customers away, both existing and potential new ones.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is online now   Reply With Quote