Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
skestes

Default Re: Promoting MQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I'm not looking for card/set ideas, just ways to promote the materials we already have. We know what sets we're interested in doing next, but we need to see that there's enough sales potential to make that work worthwhile.
MQ is a very rich game but along with that is also very complicated. The manual does the best it can but it still falls too short.

After seeing SJ on TableTop I think that maybe a good idea would be to create a high-quality video of each of the phases of game play to give that "Ah-ha!" moment to a confused player when something clicks after seeing it done.
skestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
jvacca1

How about a contest to play with some of the SJG celebs, and a sale on the game? In addition you can do a bundle with the expansions where the savings are even greater. Create your own card and room contest, something that can be eventually produced promotionally like the Troll Booth.
jvacca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
dimitrisasp

An official video tutorial would be awesome and very handy if you would like to introduce the game to new people.
dimitrisasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
jvacca1

Rigged Demo, like Fantasy and Cthulhu had. With some promo cards and rooms. The enterance can have the exit on the opposite side, and you could have 2-5 rooms from the main game, + 1 or 2 exclusive rooms. It would be more expensive than the card game rigged demo's, but I think it would be great.
jvacca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #15
majikfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I'm not looking for card/set ideas, just ways to promote the materials we already have. We know what sets we're interested in doing next, but we need to see that there's enough sales potential to make that work worthwhile.

Andrew!

Send me MQ and the Expansions, I have 2 different gaming shops near my home... I already Promote Munchkin and other SJ GAMES at these shops... I have brought many people to the Munchkin side... I know I can bring them to MQ... I simply can't afford it myself or I would be demo'ing it too...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
bonetm

If you like to demo Munchkin and other SJGames' games you could join the MIB
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
majikfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
If you like to demo Munchkin and other SJGames' games you could join the MIB

I've tried here locally ... the closed MIB crew is in Portland , OR... 30 or more minutes away... I have send emails to control about joining... waiting for a response...

Last edited by majikfreak; 02-21-2013 at 03:51 PM.
majikfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
whatsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by skestes View Post
MQ is a very rich game but along with that is also very complicated. The manual does the best it can but it still falls too short.

After seeing SJ on TableTop I think that maybe a good idea would be to create a high-quality video of each of the phases of game play to give that "Ah-ha!" moment to a confused player when something clicks after seeing it done.
Personally, I think the above is the best option. I love TableTop with Wil Weaton, and I have bought many of the games featured. Although I've seen the Munchkin game before (in a box on store shelf) I had never considered buying it until after I saw SJ play it on TT. This is my story since then:

Went to game store looking for Munchkin. Saw Munchkin Quest and went with that. Played with my kids (age 9, 11) everyone loved it. All of us hooked on munchkin now. Bought Munchkin Zombies. Quicker games, kids like it even better. Buy iPhone app. Get two neighbor kids hooked. Go back to store get Munchkin Apocalypse, and Zombies 2. Go back to store get Zombies 3, MQ2 and portals. Bought booster packs from W23 (Guild, 2 of the Christmas ones, the 2011, 2012 packs). Bought Munchkin 7 to help blend zombie/apocalypse. Also bought meat lockers, and two of the large d10.

So, from that one show I bought ~$150 of merchandise. But it's not over. I'm doing my next order right now. I hopped over to the forums from W23 to try and see if there was any info for the +6 Bag 'o Munchkin Babes. I thought it was going to be in a MQ expansion. I'm ordering the off-colored ones (+8) so my daughter can use a female, but I really want the MQ color matched ones!

On topic: Promotion w/o new stuff-- Get MQ on TableTop! (or another venue)

Promotion with new stuff-- Bring the Babes back in an expansion with quicker play rules. Add a "house rules" tile, to use like a blank munchkin card. It can be dry-erase so it's changeable.
whatsup is offline   Reply With Quote