Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #121
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Leonidas needs help here. I am having an issue with SHVY Tanks. I see that multiple D results have no effect. However, if a SHVY Tank (disabled in the previous turn) gets a disabled result as a side outcome on his optional damage chart (and not on the standard CRT), I should just ignore it? And the SHVY tank will recover as nothing has happened. I understand that multiple or subsequent D results on CRT do not are ignored and the SHVY tank will recover based on the timing of the first D result. However, a disabled status on the optional damage chart can happen only after a X result which allows to do the second roll on the optional damage chart. Are these situations always treated the same?

Second issue about troop transport. I am wondering if it would make more sense if the INF could dismount the vehicle on any adjacent hex, and then stop. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks.

Leonidas
Not quite following what you are asking about the SHVY. I think you are saying you are using Optional rule 13.07 for partial damage? If that's the case, then yes; a second Disabled result against an already disabled SHVY has no effect, regardless where that second D result came from. The important part is "D results donít combine into an X."

As for the INF dismounting; INF are able to dismount at any time during the transport's movement, as long as the INF have not also mounted in the same turn. There is nothing that says INF have to ride a unit its full movement before dismounting; they can get off at any point.

From a scale perspective, think about how having them dismount to an adjacent hex would allow too much movement. They could ride a SHVY for 3 hexes, then dismount into a fourth hex, effectively doubling their movement. That also means they would be jumping an additional 1.5km away from the unit they were riding, which doesn't make sense. Dismounting is meant to be "getting off the unit in the same hex" which is a lot more reasonable; especially since dismounting takes all their movement for the turn to do it.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #122
Leonidas
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Milan, Italy
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Thank you very much. You understood my issue correctly, despite my poor English.

Maybe something on 13.07 colud be added to clarify that a second disable on the SHVY has no effect, notwithstanding the source (CRT OR optional damage table) and will not delay the SHVYís recover in any way.
But maybe itís just me having hard time to deal with it.

Thank you also for the clarification on the INF trasport. You are right, and I used the rule right. itís just that I love marines, and I wanted to boost them up a little bit.

Thanks again. Itís the second time I am having isdues with the SHVY, but I wanted to be extra sure!
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #123
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Thank you very much. You understood my issue correctly, despite my poor English.

Maybe something on 13.07 colud be added to clarify that a second disable on the SHVY has no effect, notwithstanding the source (CRT OR optional damage table) and will not delay the SHVYís recover in any way.
But maybe itís just me having hard time to deal with it.

Thank you also for the clarification on the INF trasport. You are right, and I used the rule right. itís just that I love marines, and I wanted to boost them up a little bit.

Thanks again. Itís the second time I am having isdues with the SHVY, but I wanted to be extra sure!
Using the optional rules for the SHVY does complicate things; it's not just you trying to interpret the rules. :-) The easiest way to remember it is if you think of the partial damage SHVY like a mini-ogre. It's possible to disable the unit, but multiple disables won't kill it (in other words, to kill it, you _need_ an X just like an Ogre).
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:16 AM   #124
BlackHat
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHat View Post
So is there an updated version or final draft available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
We are working on it. I know, not the best answer, but the best one I can give at the moment. :/

Jen
Its been a few years, and I cant recall seeing an update to the Ogre: Designer Edition Rule book. (An actual update of the PDF rule book would be great, or at least an Errata/FAQ sheet)

I was reminded of this when I got a notice from W23 of an updated "Scenario Book 2" a few days ago.
__________________
I wear a Hat.
(Yes its Black)
BlackHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #125
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHat View Post
Its been a few years, and I cant recall seeing an update to the Ogre: Designer Edition Rule book. (An actual update of the PDF rule book would be great, or at least an Errata/FAQ sheet)

I was reminded of this when I got a notice from W23 of an updated "Scenario Book 2" a few days ago.
There's a PDF with updated rules buried in a KS update from earlier this year in conjunction with some of the recent Minis projects.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #126
Deimos
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Livonia, MI
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
There's a PDF with updated rules buried in a KS update from earlier this year in conjunction with some of the recent Minis projects.
Do you mean the OM Set 2 update from here? That's for the Battle Box rules. It should cover all of the ODE stuff, but I haven't gone through it to verify that it does.
__________________
That which does not destroy me, makes me stronger. - Nietzsche
That which does not destroy me, missed. - Anonymous war gamer
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #127
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Do you mean the OM Set 2 update from here? That's for the Battle Box rules. It should cover all of the ODE stuff, but I haven't gone through it to verify that it does.
It does. It is specifically meant to be the next edition of the full rules.
__________________
Keeper of the GURPS Banner
See my Ogre collections!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #128
Leonidas
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Milan, Italy
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Two quick questions:

A) Can howitzers intercept cruise misdles?
B) Can cruise missiles fly over crateers in the Ogre map?

My guesses are:

A) Yes
B) No

Any advice is more than welcome.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #129
Leonidas
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Milan, Italy
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

I am sorry. Another question please!

During overrun combat, INF attack value is doubled for eack infividual squad. Doesnít this mean that if INF targets Ogreís threads it does double damage?

Many thanks.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #130
dwalend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
During overrun combat, INF attack value is doubled for eack infividual squad. Doesnít this mean that if INF targets Ogreís threads it does double damage?
Yes

How about this one: In overrun combat can a 3INF stack combine fire against ogre treads? I think no - all INF fight separately.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.