Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: TFT Progress Report

Woot! Just hit $175K.

I have finished reworking the characters for Tollenkar's Lair, and Guy has checked them, which means that all the legacy edition is in final draft or better (some, like Melee and Wizard, is already laid out, which is WAY better). At this point, I think the biggest holdup may be in the Companion, because we will probably keep adding stuff to it right up until the campaign closes.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Tollenkar's Lair is laid out except for the space allotted for character sheets for the four wizards, and that's a case of filling in the sheets and dropping them into place.

And I mustn't forget the page number references so Tollenkar's nemeses can find the Bendwyn and Dran maps in the ITL book. (I just saw Dran in color today, incomplete but enough to know that it will be excellent.)
Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #13
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

The first batch of PDFs will be available next week. Ahead of schedule, yay! Melee, Wizard, and almost certainly other things. There will be a thread where you can report errata if you find any such abomination.

Layout is very nearly done on the 176-page ITL book; soon I will start working on the index and ToC.

If you have not seen Shadekeep's thread on his new hex mapping tool, I recommend it!
Old 09-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #14
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

First batch of PDFs goes out Real Soon Now (tm).

ToC and Index are both done, for low values of Done - we have to see how they firt. ToC should be okay. Index may be a problem; I'd like to keep it to three pages but there are a lot of entries.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #15
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

First batch of PDFs is out. Second batch will follow fairly soon. I'm looking forward to your troubleshooting and hope there is not much :)

ITL book almost ready except for art (first PDF of it will have some art holes).

Having big fun building 3-D terrain; playtested on it last night. See our Twitter feed for pix.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:09 PM   #16
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Second wave of PDFs is out. First-wave items have been sent to press. My weekend is going to consist of lots and lots of errata checking. Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this effort.

In other news, Liz Danforth has gotten an excellent reaction to the availability of her originals, and I am delighted about that.

In other other news, if you don't already follow our Twitter feed, take a look @sjgames and see the wonderful 3-D hex labyrinth that Eric Dow and Phil Reed are creating, using Hirst Arts molds and a lot of skill and patience. You'll need to scan back to Sept. 19 for the pix.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #17
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

I caught up with the comments on the errata thread; now there are more comments Thank you :)

I'm going to take a little time to visit the non-errata comment threads - which I have not been looking at - just to see what they say.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #18
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

All the art, including the complex pieces for the art backers, has been okayed. So we are very close to sending ITL to press. It probably won't happen Monday because that is our retailer day. But real soon!
Old 10-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Retailer day went well. Fun was had with two six-player demo games of Melee. And I countinue to get ideas to make demos run more easily. If I put each figure on a different-colored base, and sleeve each character card in the corresponding color, it would be easier for everyone (especially me!) to keep track of who is who.

Pre-mortem yesterday for the big book and the remaining bits of the project. It ran nearly four hours. A shout-out to Andrew Hackard for last-minute spotting of many things that needed to be spotted.

Monday the book should go to print. We will then turn our hands to preparation of the "real" PDFs for supporters.
Closed Thread