Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 02-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
stienf9

Default MQ - Kill-O-Meter & Reversal of Fortune Scroll

A couple of friends and I were arguing about the Reversal of Fortune Scroll.

The texts on the bonus ability card states this:

"We've included one bonus card for classic fantasy Munchkin (but usable in any Munchkin genre) and one for Munchkin Quest. You may put the appropriate version of the Reversal of Fortune Scroll in play at the start of the game, in addition to your normal cards. When you, lose, or discard the Scroll, put it to one side. The Reversal of Fortune Scroll never goes into the regular discards. If you have a power that lets you revive a card from the discards, you may use it to bring your own Reversal of Fortune back.
Yes, one Reversal of Fortune Scroll can cancel another."
We have a bunch of items, two gold Munchkin Quest coins, one bookmark, and the Kill-O-Meter. At the beginning of the game, we roll a dice, and highest roll gets to pick one item first.

My friend states that the scroll should go into play of the person who has the Kill-o-Meter. I just shuffle the card into the deck because it's a treasure card.

My friend also stats any card that lets you take any card from any discard should allow you to regain the scroll.

So questions...

1. If it immediately goes to a player, does that player get the scroll and two treasure cards instead of three, like the gold coin rule.

2. If the player would rather have their regular three treasure cards, should the scroll be shuffled into the treasure cards.

3. If if have a sudden change in character development card, can you play it to take the Scroll back?
stienf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: MQ - Kill-O-Meter & Reversal of Fortune Scroll

The rules for the RoF card says it goes into play, so the player who has the Kill-O-Meter gets the card and gets to put it in play; it doesn't count as one of the initial Treasure cards a player gets at the start of the game, since the rules don't say that it takes the place of one of the starting Treasures. Sudden Character Development is rather specific about what you can take from the discards, so it wouldn't work to take the Reversal of Fortune back.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote