Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 11-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
kosbour

Default Combat issues

1. If I am a helper in a more-than-2-monsters combat and one or more of them normally ignore me, I fight them normally and if we lose the battle, I try to Run Away from all of them or just from those that don't ignore me?

2. If I am a Wizard, holding Hot Rod and encounter King Tut does it go like that: 3 (Hot Rod) x 2 (Flaming attack counts double) x 2 (Wizard d10) = 12?

3. Can I play Go Up A Level cards on other players (to force them to fight a monster that ignores them)?

4. Can I use during combat a card - let's say a Curse! - that will move the monsters out of the room and terminate the combat? And if so, what happens with the one-shot items (scrolls, potions) that were already used?

5. If I'm facing multiple monsters, can I use the Sneaky Bastard Sword's special ability for any or all of them?

6.If I own the Telescope and fight a Huge monster that I choose to "see" it as Tiny and another player uses the +10 Humongous! enhancer does the monster gets to roll an extra die?

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 11-09-2011 at 07:30 PM.
kosbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
stopyelling

Default Re: Combat issues

1. Despite insulting the monster in attempting to fight him, he will ignore you during the Run Away phase, but not your partner. That I am sure of. So you run away from just one, and he runs from both.

2. Great question. Pretty sure the total combat bonus would be +12 and not +9. Might be missing something. Great question though.

3. I asked the same question on regular Munchkin and the answer was yes. Pretty sure it's the same on this one. I often do this to force my friends to fight monsters that would otherwise ignore them.

4. Great question! Don't know.

5. Amazing question.

I am pretty sure it's easier for the mods to answer questions that are grouped but context so think about creating multiple threads in the future? Good luck!

http://imgur.com/Z95Hk - Make everyone know I am boss while playing
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
kosbour

My first thought was to contact with the moderators via PM and submit directly to them ALL of the questions I had. But, due to the fact that I didn't get a response, I decided to post all the questions in just one thread...something like a small question list. And so I did, but MunchkinMan took the responsibility to break them down in different threads.

I'm pretty sure the answers to my questions will be very helpful for many. So, please, everyone feel free to submit your opinions.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Brf

1. It you choose to fight a monster that would normally ignore you, it stops ignoring you for that combat. If you lose you have to roll to run away normally.

6. Playing +10 Humongous has no effect on the monster's size. Neither the monster's size nor its bonus has any effect on its dice unless you have a card or room that says otherwise.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
stopyelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
1. It you choose to fight a monster that would normally ignore you, it stops ignoring you for that combat. If you lose you have to roll to run away normally.
I think you are right. I am looking threw the rules now.. I am pretty sure the rules are different for the card game.

http://imgur.com/Z95Hk - Make everyone know I am boss while playing
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
kosbour

@Brf:

6. I think that's just wrong....the +10 Humongous! card states that "...the monster is now considered Huge. If it was already Huge, it gets to roll an extra die."

Based on that, I think my initial question still stands...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
kosbour

Hello everybody and a Munchkingly Happy New Year....

I fully understand that the moderators of this forum are extremely busy with all the new expansions for the card game, the preparation of MQ3 and/or their personal issues but I honestly hope they can find the time to answer to my questions that remain unanswered both in this thread and in some of my other threads above this one, posted by me (kosbour).

Thanks in advance....
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosbour View Post
1. If I am a helper in a more-than-2-monsters combat and one or more of them normally ignore me, I fight them normally and if we lose the battle, I try to Run Away from all of them or just from those that don't ignore me?
You never have to Run Away from monsters that ignore you unless you make the mistake of trying to attack them.

Quote:
2. If I am a Wizard, holding Hot Rod and encounter King Tut does it go like that: 3 (Hot Rod) x 2 (Flaming attack counts double) x 2 (Wizard d10) = 12?
Yes, assuming you successfully activate your d10 Power.

Quote:
3. Can I play Go Up A Level cards on other players (to force them to fight a monster that ignores them)?
I see nothing in the rules to prevent this, and we've already ruled that it's legal in Munchkin, so sure.

Quote:
4. Can I use during combat a card - let's say a Curse! - that will move the monsters out of the room and terminate the combat? And if so, what happens with the one-shot items (scrolls, potions) that were already used?
Yes, you can. The one-shot cards are discarded. (Note: This IS a rule change; the updated rule PDF should be posted shortly, if it has not already been.)

Quote:
5. If I'm facing multiple monsters, can I use the Sneaky Bastard Sword's special ability for any or all of them?
You can attempt it with all of them; the monsters who don't ignore you will fight.

Quote:
6.If I own the Telescope and fight a Huge monster that I choose to "see" it as Tiny and another player uses the +10 Humongous! enhancer does the monster gets to roll an extra die?
Yes.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
kosbour

Thank you for your quick response. I have 4 more threads (Twisty Tunnel Questions, Cheat Questions, Trap and DxM cards, Changing Items and playing bonuses) - all in the first page of this forum - containing some more questions that need answers.

Do you need me to post a comment on each one of them to make them "active"??
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Thank you for your quick response. I have 4 more threads (Twisty Tunnel Questions, Cheat Questions, Trap and DxM cards, Changing Items and playing bonuses) - all in the first page of this forum - containing some more questions that need answers.

Do you need me to post a comment on each one of them to make them "active"??
Please don't. Send a private message to the moderators of this particular forum as opposed to bumping old threads.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote