Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #141
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat puts his hand to his head theatrically, playing the psychic. He's got one eye open though, and is reading the signs (and calling on his resonance). "Down that walkway, turn left, through that guy's booth (look determined, or hope he's with another customer), one booth past him. Here's twenty bucks, don't pay more than that for it." He puts his hand down and grins. "Might be a hint to him that he's way too easy to tail. And it's funny." He hands her a twenty dollar bill.
She laughs

"It was supposed to be a joke, but what the hay. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a really cool painting of one."

She takes the money and starts to move
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #142
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She laughs

"It was supposed to be a joke, but what the hay. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a really cool painting of one."

Kane gives a small wave goodbye and a "see you soon" smile, then tries to find a position where he can keep an eye on both Ryuki and Bruce without being noticed. If he has to pick, he mentally decides to keep an eye on Bruce. He can always catch up with Ryuki again (and needs to), but he doesn't dare let Bruce out of his sight if he can help it, unless he wants to court dissonance.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #143
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She laughs

She'll get no resistance from the crowd, even the slightly befuddled boothie whose booth she crosses through. The next booth over she finds an open table with some wildlife books for discount prices. To have the books out like this where they might be readily handled tells you that even before you see the prices.

No whole book on water buffaloes, but a picture book on farming in India has plenty of them. And the price is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane gives a small wave goodbye and a "see you soon" smile, then tries to find a position where he can keep an eye on both Ryuki and Bruce without being noticed. If he has to pick, he mentally decides to keep an eye on Bruce. He can always catch up with Ryuki again (and needs to), but he doesn't dare let Bruce out of his sight if he can help it, unless he wants to court dissonance.
Dennis spots Ryuki right about the time Bruce spots a boothie he can suck up to. Dennis pokes Mitch in the side. "I think I see the Loan Shark over there. I'll---" he stops, remembers something, and continues. "Let me get to him first, please?" Dennis has always been antsy, but the sight of the wizard is giving him the twitches. He clearly wants a piece of him.

Bruce begins to amble over to the booth, gambling that Dennis is too distracted to mind him well.

seraph "I'll---" thought about lying, thought better of it."
Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #144
Rocket Man

Quote:
Bruce begins to amble over to the booth, gambling that Dennis is too distracted to mind him well.
"Catch you in a sec, Corat," Kane says softly to the other angel. Then he begins to amble after Bruce -- not too close, just enough to keep him in sight -- gambling that the demon is too distracted by avoiding Dennis to mind him well.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #145
ladyarcana55

Quote:
She'll get no resistance from the crowd, even the slightly befuddled boothie whose booth she crosses through. The next booth over she finds an open table with some wildlife books for discount prices. To have the books out like this where they might be readily handled tells you that even before you see the prices.

No whole book on water buffaloes, but a picture book on farming in India has plenty of them. And the price is right.
Sunae smiles as she picks the book up, it's all she can do to not laugh, and pays for it. She goes back to Corat with the desired section opened and she is going through it.

"...Water buffalo behavior sometimes differs from cattle. For example, most water buffalo are not trained to be driven. Instead, the herdsman must walk alongside or ahead of them. They then instinctively follow...."

"How interesting, they are followers."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #146
Dalillama

Glen waits patiently for Ryuki to finish his phone conversation, spending the time examining the book a bit more closely for his own edification.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #147
Puck

Quote:

Dennis spots Ryuki right about the time Bruce spots a boothie he can suck up to. Dennis pokes Mitch in the side. "I think I see the Loan Shark over there. I'll---" he stops, remembers something, and continues. "Let me get to him first, please?" Dennis has always been antsy, but the sight of the wizard is giving him the twitches. He clearly wants a piece of him.

seraph "I'll---" thought about lying, thought better of it."
"Some how I'm not suprised to find out that you're here as well. I hope your trip went well." Mitch says to Ryuki over the phone. Then as he notices Dennis start to twich and follows his gaze to Ryuki "Ah, I didn't relise you were so close by. I'll be over in a moment if you don't mind." After Ryuki responds he hangs up and turns to Dennis with a frown "What's the matter?" He places a hand on the Cherub's shoulder looking worried and not really noticing as Bruce wanders off.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #148
tHEhERETIC

Bruce sidles up to a boothie, a middle-aged and overweight woman working with mostly new books. "Hey there sweetheart. I could show you the real shadows the world doesn't see..."
Normally she'd be jaded to such an offer--that's got to be a line--but somehow the way this guy says it it's different. She smiles at him and leans in to hear what he has to say.

Quote:
She goes back to Corat with the desired section opened and she is going through it.

"...Water buffalo behavior sometimes differs from cattle. For example, most water buffalo are not trained to be driven. Instead, the herdsman must walk alongside or ahead of them. They then instinctively follow...."

"How interesting, they are followers."
"Nice." Corat clearly approves. "I wonder if he'd get the joke somehow. But you've got a point--remember it in case you have to work with the guy again. Push him and he will fight you. But lead him, tempt him with a puzzle, and he will follow you to Everest. Water buffalo, forsooth."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen waits patiently for Ryuki to finish his phone conversation, spending the time examining the book a bit more closely for his own edification.
(The link says it all, really.)
There are no stray marks in the book, no folded pages, even a little less wear than this guy usually inflicts on books.
He doesn't comment on the phone call at all. "So, what's the book worth to you? And would it be worth more in trade than sale? Cash in nice, but a recipe book would be nicer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Some how I'm not suprised to find out that you're here as well. I hope your trip went well." Mitch says to Ryuki over the phone. Then as he notices Dennis start to twich and follows his gaze to Ryuki "Ah, I didn't relise you were so close by. I'll be over in a moment if you don't mind." After Ryuki responds he hangs up and turns to Dennis with a frown "What's the matter?" He places a hand on the Cherub's shoulder looking worried and not really noticing as Bruce wanders off.
"No problem." Ryuki gives no resistance.
"The matter?" Dennis winds up. "Okay, I told you I paid that guy off. With interest. You know his idea of interest? 'Go count the wards at' this other wizard's house. You know how a demon counts wards? Walks through 'em. A-hole sent me to bang my soul on some constructs...over a checking account. I'd like to show him just how that feels."
Old 07-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #149
Rocket Man

Quote:
Bruce sidles up to a boothie, a middle-aged and overweight woman working with mostly new books. "Hey there sweetheart. I could show you the real shadows the world doesn't see..."
Normally she'd be jaded to such an offer--that's got to be a line--but somehow the way this guy says it it's different. She smiles at him and leans in to hear what he has to say.
Impudite, Kane thinks to himself. Gotta be. Time to make a move.

Outwardly friendly and relaxed, if a bit chagrined, he rambles over to Bruce. " 'Scuse me, son -- sorry to interrupt, but there's a dead battery in the parking lot that I wasn't expectin'. Mind comin' out and givin' me a hand? Won't take more 'n a minute."

No Seraph he, he's trying to set up an irresistable situation for Bruce: a simple guy who could make an easy second victim once he's won the rube's gratitude, as well as a chance to cheaply impress victim no. 1 with what a good guy he is.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 07-04-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #150
Dalillama

Quote:
There are no stray marks in the book, no folded pages, even a little less wear than this guy usually inflicts on books.
He doesn't comment on the phone call at all. "So, what's the book worth to you? And would it be worth more in trade than sale? Cash in nice, but a recipe book would be nicer."
"I can definitely give you more in trade than cash. For trade, I can give you a $200 credit against anything on the table here. I didn't bring much of the really esoteric ones here with me, but if there's something specific you're after, I can check my collection. The credit's still good on a later purchase."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine