Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 AM   #1
Mach

Default Some Rick and Morty Munchkin Questions

I got a few Questions concerning the Rick and Morty Munchkin.

Question 1:

If Player A has Hepatitis C as an Ally and he opens the door and faces Hepatitis A, which states that it is automatically defeated if Hepatitis C is anywhere in play.

Can Player B use „Operation Phoenix“ (Discard two of your own Cards in play and choose one card in play to discard from each other player) to get rid of Player Aīs Hepatitis C and therefore he wonīt automatically defeat Hepatitis A.

Or does the winning effect instantly apply and Player B canīt change the outcome.

Question 2:

Can you Play Go Up A Level Cards even if you are Level 9 just to gain there secondary effect in the blue box.

For example Player A is a LvL 9 Super Genius and he plays a LvL up Card that says: „if you are a Super Genius search the door discards for a parasite to add to your Hand“ so he wonīt go up a Level but add a parasite to his Hand.

Also if you Play the Go up a Level Card that states you have to pick a Player to go up a Level with you. Can you choose a Player that is already Level 9 so he wonīt get anything.

And if you canīt would you be able to activate this LvL up Card when you are LvL 8 but everyone else is LvL 9

I hope I made understandable what my issues are.

Last edited by Mach; 07-11-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Some Rick and Morty Munchkin Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Or does the winning effect instantly apply and Player B canīt change the outcome.
This. There's no "wait, I want to place something first!" rule in Munchkin games; cards get resolved at they happen. (There are a very few exceptions that let you cancel another card's effect, but those cards are VERY explicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Can you Play Go Up A Level Cards even if you are Level 9 just to gain there secondary effect in the blue box.
No, unless the card has a secondary effect that replaces the GUAL. (Some do; they will say things like "Instead of going up a level, do XYZ.")

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:01 AM   #3
Mach

Default Re: Some Rick and Morty Munchkin Questions

Perfect, thank you very much
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote