Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Jorvik

Default Question about selling

The Library card says that you can "sell any scroll for it's face value" there is another room (the armoury i think) that lets you do the same w/armor. However from what I understand from the rules you can sell armor and scrolls whenever you want to the bank for your face value. Is that correct or can things only be sold to the bank when you are in rooms that specify that you can?
Jorvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Question about selling

In the Library you can BUY scrolls from the discard, back into your hand. You have to pay the price of the card in the discard, with gold or with scrolls you have in your hand or belt. You can use the face value of the Scrolls you own to buy back the ones in the discard.

The same thing with Armoury: you can buy Footgear, Headgear and Armour back from the discards. You could discard a 500 gp Headgear to get a 500 gp Footgear, for example. =)
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
tgape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvik
The Library card says that you can "sell any scroll for it's face value" there is another room (the armoury i think) that lets you do the same w/armor. However from what I understand from the rules you can sell armor and scrolls whenever you want to the bank for your face value. Is that correct or can things only be sold to the bank when you are in rooms that specify that you can?
As I understand it:
At any time during your turn, except combat, you may sell items to go up a level. When you do this entirely with items, you do not get change (and you can't spend some extra gold just to get change.) You may only sell items for gold in rooms that let you or when you have a card that lets you.
tgape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgape
As I understand it:
At any time during your turn, except combat, you may sell items to go up a level. When you do this entirely with items, you do not get change (and you can't spend some extra gold just to get change.) You may only sell items for gold in rooms that let you or when you have a card that lets you.
This is correct. You can't just sell stuff for gold anywhere you want.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote