Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #11
howitzer7

Default Re: Ogre + Necromancer - Badlands

That sounds like an awesome scenario!
Old 11-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #12
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: Ogre + Necromancer - Badlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
I finally played Badlands. Unfortunately only solo so didn’t hide the defending forces from myself or use the nukes since I’d know where they were.

The map is very intriguing, it encourages the attached along certain paths but doesn’t force any particular paths. With hidden nukes the defender has to bet on which path the attacker will take towards the CP, not an easy bet.

My defensive setup was a perimeter guard of HVYs around approaches the CP with a forward screening HWZ and 2 MSLs one each north and south of the CP towards the edges of the map. In hindsight this wasn’t a good strategy at all.

The attacker allowance of 20 armor units is incredibly generous. I chose 16 HVYs & 4MSLs. Movement in stacks as a pincers from the north and south towards the CP plateau.

The result was a complete bloodbath. All PE units destroyed at the price of one Combine HVY. I’ll definitely revisit this with a different balance of forces.
If you're going to play and need fog of war you might try using the dummy counters and random place the units to be revealed only when LOS is established.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote