Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 AM   #61
Yako

Default Re: Link House Rule

Personally, I understood it that linked attacks, those which you can make with one attack roll, would not have to face DR twice, otherwise what is the point to have Link at all?
Having to face armor twice is already the worst case scenario of Follow up, and that IS a zero point feature effectively, pretty much just like what was suggested for Link by one of you.

I think like his, Link is somewhat justified at + 10%, even though the harsh restrictions can make it not very useful on some traits...
Then again, there is nothing to be set against Link to be priced differently for certain abilities.

I found all the general enhancements and limitations to be clearly geared towards those abilities which make the best use of them, thus, it might often be appropriate to adjust their value in certain cases where you get the feeling your player would be paying too much.
Likewise, if you design an ability and have it be based on a different attribute for logical reasons (Example, you want to make an affliction that is effectively a specialized form of mind control and decide to have it be based on Intelligence VS Will like Mind Control), it would be rather unfair to charge the player 40% extra, the price tag for this enhancement is clearly based on the assumption that your player tailors it to HIS needs!
Yako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm explanation