Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 09-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: Do Other People Have Their PDF's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilboy View Post
It look like...and SJ and Crew correct me if I'm wrong...there are placeholders for a lot of files that will eventually be added to the zip file as they get more stuff ready.

Second...WOW I am super happy! So far, the look and feel of the old edition still holds strong. SO looking forward to the main ITL Rulebook! :-)
Yeah, just got a notice from the kickstarter listing the files and more details.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #12
Evilboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Yeah, just got a notice from the kickstarter listing the files and more details.
Note that Tollenkar's Lair also seems to be present in the file, which is a nice bonus. :-)
Evilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
Helborn

Just got the files. My two quibbles are that the opponents in DT1 and DT2 were not upgraded to ITL - thus no Talents - and that I prefer the artwork for the original hero counters. While I can obviously add the talents, will wait for the new ITL before undertaking that task.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #14
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilboy View Post
Note that Tollenkar's Lair also seems to be present in the file, which is a nice bonus. :-)
My mistake. I had it on the list, then accidentally cut it as I was prepping the update.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #15
larsdangly

I'm a little confused about something I'm seeing in Tollenkar's Lair. We have heard that there will be a limit to advancement of attributes so that humans can't go above a total of 40 points. Yet there are multiple human NPCs in the module that have point totals higher than this. Was a decision made to raise the human limit above 40?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #16
the1weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I'm a little confused about something I'm seeing in Tollenkar's Lair. We have heard that there will be a limit to advancement of attributes so that humans can't go above a total of 40 points. Yet there are multiple human NPCs in the module that have point totals higher than this. Was a decision made to raise the human limit above 40?
Too much refreshing for me. I’ve gotten nothing from sjgames, Kickstarter, backerkit or anywhere. I’ll check back in some other day. Adios!
Old 09-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #17
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

If you're getting an authorization failure, try signing into your W23 account *first* and then clicking the link in your email for download. W23 gets weird sometimes.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #18
larsdangly

My guess at an answer to my own question is that the decided to set the limit of human advancement at 50 rather than 40, but that decision didn't trickle down to the discussion boards. Pretty much all the experienced NPC's in Tollenkar's Lair have been re-statted to lower totals, with several ending up in the mid to upper 40's but no one rising above 48 (whereas previously Tollenkar was 60!!!).
Old 09-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #19
platimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
My guess at an answer to my own question is that the decided to set the limit of human advancement at 50 rather than 40, but that decision didn't trickle down to the discussion boards. Pretty much all the experienced NPC's in Tollenkar's Lair have been re-statted to lower totals, with several ending up in the mid to upper 40's but no one rising above 48 (whereas previously Tollenkar was 60!!!).
I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking Tollenkar's Lair was just a straight-up re-release (no content editing; just format editing maybe). Now I know different.

It is still possible that the 40 limit still stands. I think I've seen Steve say something to the effect of "if the GM wants you to have more than 40, he can use magic to get you there". Maybe Tollenkar and the Gang drank some elixirs or something.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #20
larsdangly

I don't know; we'll have to see what the official word is. I would consider it to be a pretty significant error to impose a 40 point limit on PC's but have all sorts of perfectly ordinary NPCs (henchmen, senior body guards, apprentices, etc.) who violate that limit. The only thing that is clear is that Tollenkar's lair was thoroughly revised to change the stats and talents of the NPC's. So, something intentional was meant by it.