Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #21
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Sexual Abilities

Dwarfs fit well within the 'human' paradigm, as do elves, orcs, halflings, and most other humanoid 'monsters'. At worst, they are a human 'cousin' species much more closely related than the great apes.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #22
edk926

If it was good enough for Captain Kirk, it's good enough to be considered 'human' paradigm.
edk926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Xenophilia, it's not just a disadvantage--it's a lifestyle.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #24
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Yeah, but do you want to have sex with them? That is the reason why consensual sex is the limiting factor rather than sex. If both participants have to want it for it to work, it is a real limitation, as you would not be able to consent to having sex outside of your gender/sexual preferences (at best, you are enduring or tolerating rather than consenting).
It's about like taking "I don't shoot people I don't want to shoot" on an innate attack. It's not really worth anything as a limitation.

Besides, I was commenting on the overlapping nature of the modifiers. Sex requires intimate contact so it and Blood Agent seem to cover much of the same ground. Accessibility is typically the highest (or consolidated) value.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #25
AlexanderHowl

But intimate attacks by canon are represented by Accessibility (Sex) and Contact Agent (see the Succubus (Horror, p. 66)). Blood agent just means that it must be something more personal than an intimate massage.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #26
naloth

Quote:
But intimate attacks by canon are represented by Accessibility (Sex) and Contact Agent (see the Succubus (Horror, p. 66)). Blood agent just means that it must be something more personal than an intimate massage.
Blood agent means you're already getting into someone's orifices. Sure that doesn't mean sex, but I'd suggest that only doing that in a sexual context doesn't make that much worse or much more difficult, especially when you are offering a beneficial affliction.

I don't have Horror 4e, but generally it's a drawback get it on with a succubus. Your ability would not be an attack, but would be beneficial and encourage them to want to have sex with you.

The biggest drawback I've seen so far is that you'd probably be limited to giving powers to NPCs (balance, not point reasons) that would likely misuse those abilities.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #27
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Blood agent means you're already getting into someone's orifices. Sure that doesn't mean sex, but I'd suggest that only doing that in a sexual context doesn't make that much worse or much more difficult, especially when you are offering a beneficial affliction.
Blood agent means what it says: a cut works. Sex Act + Blood Agent means very specific orifices. Orifices which are usually protected and covered. Unless you have some very specific fetishes, nose and ears aren't going to do you much good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
I don't have Horror 4e, but generally it's a drawback get it on with a succubus. Your ability would not be an attack, but would be beneficial and encourage them to want to have sex with you.

The biggest drawback I've seen so far is that you'd probably be limited to giving powers to NPCs (balance, not point reasons) that would likely misuse those abilities.
You lack imagination. Mind Control, mind reading, et. al. Seduction is a thing. And, yes, a Succubus might have Leech with sexual limitations.

No, sexual abilities are not limited to beneficial afflictions, there are plenty of uses for them. If they fit within the concept and comfort level of your games.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #28
whswhs

Quote:
Yeah, but do you want to have sex with them? That is the reason why consensual sex is the limiting factor rather than sex. If both participants have to want it for it to work, it is a real limitation, as you would not be able to consent to having sex outside of your gender/sexual preferences (at best, you are enduring or tolerating rather than consenting).
Choosing to do something you don’t actively desire to do, to gain a benefit, is often called “having a job.” Jobs are often just tolerated or endured, but most people don’t seriously equate wage slavery with actual slavery.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #29
Cowrie

I once statted up a viral "species" who was contagious via similar vectors to AIDS. The Toxic Attack that their Infectious Attack used had Blood Agent for infecting the target, but on the other side of things was an Either/Or limitation of Reverse Blood Agent or Requires Sexual Intimacy, -10%. For those curious, the virus turned people into creatures that can only eat live prey and have Horror Hunger for humans in particular. They still looked human save for a couple of minor features. However, their existence was well known, and they were pretty much restricted to ghettos. What made things worse is that some people were carriers, who didn't change much (most wouldn't know they were infected), but can spread the virus.
Cowrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #30
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Blood agent means what it says: a cut works. Sex Act + Blood Agent means very specific orifices. Orifices which are usually protected and covered. Unless you have some very specific fetishes, nose and ears aren't going to do you much good.
The point wasn't that either were not worthwhile and valid limitations. The point was that they overlap quite a bit so you shouldn't get the values you're suggesting.

Quote:
No, sexual abilities are not limited to beneficial afflictions, there are plenty of uses for them. If they fit within the concept and comfort level of your games.
lol, I wasn't suggesting that either. Most limitations are priced with the idea that you'll be doing them under a time constraint or against unwilling targets. Neither really applies here, so I'd be a little more suspect on just how some of these things are making it a less useful ability. Any limitation that isn't coming into play (as often as it would otherwise) is worth less. Any that you can easily bypass or ignore aren't really limiting the ability.

Tags
sexual intercourse, succubus