Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
calixies

Default Just Released on W23 - Munchkin Halloween Pack

We just released the Munchkin Halloween Pack on W23!

"Rather than rot the teeth of your trick-or-treaters this year, why not rot their minds with a Munchkin Halloween Pack? Each of the twenty packs contains four Munchkin cards and a quick explanation of the game. And no one has to have a bellyache in the morning!"

-Alexandra
Warehouse 23 Online Manager
calixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
UncleBob

Default Re: Just Released on W23 - Munchkin Halloween Pack

I picked these up at GenCon, so I know what's what, but the description might need some clarification for folks...

"20 identical packs of five Munchkin cards each."
and
"Each of the twenty packs contains four Munchkin cards and a quick explanation of the game."

For those wondering, there's only actually four Munchkin Cards per pack, but there's a fifth card in there that talks about the game. It's got a regular back on it (treasure, I think), so it's a shame they didn't print something like "Play Munchkin and Go Up A Level!" on it so that you could still throw it in the deck as a GuaL card. :D
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
For those wondering, there's only actually four Munchkin Cards per pack, but there's a fifth card in there that talks about the game. It's got a regular back on it (treasure, I think), so it's a shame they didn't print something like "Play Munchkin and Go Up A Level!" on it so that you could still throw it in the deck as a GuaL card. :D
Seems like the sort of thing that would make an excellent house rule :)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
patti_cakes

What I sometimes do for blank cards is leave them in the decks without creating my own card, so sometimes you'll have defeated a monster, but you end up getting cheated out of a treasure. I like it because it adds another factor of randomness into gameplay, maybe something similar could be done with these cards.
patti_cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
MaesterKupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti_cakes View Post
What I sometimes do for blank cards is leave them in the decks without creating my own card, so sometimes you'll have defeated a monster, but you end up getting cheated out of a treasure. I like it because it adds another factor of randomness into gameplay, maybe something similar could be done with these cards.
One of my friends will make you come up with something for the card when it's drawn and provides a sharpie. We did this mostly for Chez Geek but we have one or two homemade Munchkin cards too. The downside for creating a crazy OP card, btw, is it will probably land in someone else's hands next game.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

I'm tempted to get these but I am afraid that they are going to be seen as a terrible faux pas. I don't really have a good sense for this sort of thing. I guess I could give them out with candy.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 09-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I guess I could give them out with candy.
That would be a safer bet. My 8-year old would likely be excited to get one, even if he didn't get any candy with it, but that's because he's already a big Munchkin fan. I would fear that REPLACING candy with it would, for many kids, be seen as lame, and would actually serve to predispose them AGAINST the game to some small degree. But I may be underestimating the appeal. I mean kids do generally get plenty of candy, so maybe something different would be appreciated.

As long as nobody else on the block is trying to give them the same pack. ;-)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
As long as nobody else on the block is trying to give them the same pack. ;-)
It seems unlikely. Munchkin is popular for a hobby game, but I don't think it is as well known as Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
Solelron
Banned

I plan on attaching some lollipop or something to it (rather than diving into the expensive candy. Some of the really young kids I may just give candy to, but the 8-16 year olds and/or parents..sure..why not :)..already ordered me enough to go around :)
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solelron View Post
I plan on attaching some lollipop or something to it (rather than diving into the expensive candy. Some of the really young kids I may just give candy to, but the 8-16 year olds and/or parents..sure..why not :)..already ordered me enough to go around :)
Heh. I'm tempted to ask where you live so I could drop by with the kids and nab one, skip buying this altogether. :-)

But then I realize it only costs $5, so at worst, if I can't find anybody to give them out to, I'll have some trading fodder for after these leave stores...
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote