Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 AM   #1
warellis

Default Centrum & Gernsback

This is a fluff question, not really a rules one, so I don't know if it's appropriate to ask here or somewhere else, but I've always been interested in the fluff of a setting or rulebook. If this isn't the appropriate place to ask, could a mod move this thread to a more appropriate place?

1. In both Alternate Earths 1 and Infinite Worlds, it's mentioned that Infinity is nervous about the possibility of Centrum and the World Science Council/Gernsback allying together, or Centrum ruling Gernsback. Centrum itself is attempting to infiltrate and subvert the WSC. However how come Infinity hasn't thought of attempting to secretly tip-off a WSC agent about some group (Centrum) attempting to take over the WSC? Considering Centrum is attempting to conquer Gernsback, I doubt any of the powers-that-be in Gernsback would appreciate what its attempting to do.

2. We know both Centrum and the WSC are both technocratic governments. Considering the similarities in government, but differences in attitude in things like race, sex, etc., if the WSC became aware of Centrum and how it developed, what do you think it would think of it and its history? There are similarities but there are differences as well.

Last edited by warellis; 01-07-2014 at 05:18 AM.
warellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate earths, infinite worlds