Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Shizmunchkin

Default Poison Tooth

So, I was playing Munchkin Possible and had drawn Poison Tooth face down. Am I able to use that on another player. It would have been really helpful and I would have won, but I didn't even try. I did freak my friends out by proclaiming that it would be to cruel to play this mystery card, but it was mainly to psych them and while I figured out if I could...
Shizmunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Poison Tooth

Poison Tooth can only be played on yourself in order to avoid something worse than death, like losing Levels to a Trap or Bad Stuff, or something else, like paying taxes on all your Treasure. But, like the card says, you can play it at any time, even as an interrupt to a Trap or Bad Stuff, but it's clear that if you play it, it affects you, and not some other player. . .
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 06-09-2010 at 04:24 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Shizmunchkin

Wait... what can be worse than death? Don't you still lose everything but your classes and go back to level 1? I guess I would need an example of a good time to use that card. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
bonetm

When you die, your level stays the same (unless the Bad Stuff say your level change, that is). Also, note that the card allows you to ressurrect immediatly, if you choose.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizmunchkin View Post
Wait... what can be worse than death? Don't you still lose everything but your classes and go back to level 1? I guess I would need an example of a good time to use that card. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me.
If your Level went back to 1, I'd see that as terribly bad, but it doesn't*, so I don't. Death is not great, but it is not always the worst-case scenario. In this case, you get 4 new cards (8, when Impossible gets reprinted and has the new rules) immediately, instead of before the beginning of your next turn. If you're Level 9 and get hit with Bad Stuff that might take away a lot, if not all, of your Levels, I think you'll agree that Death is far more preferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin Impossible Rules
If you die, you lose all your stuff. You keep your class(es), loyalty(s), training, and level – your new character will look just like your old one.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Shizmunchkin

Thanks guys... I was mislead by a veteran. Well, its not entirely his fault... i did read the directions myself...ummmmm. But thanks, this is a fantastic game! Keep them coming!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
Bastian

With the new rules you also get 8 cards, so if you had really bad starting cards dying can be a good thing. And if you are lucky enough to have the last laugh promo card you can even win the game dying.
MIB #0105
Cheat Like There's No Tomorrow
Bastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
wmkane

I've used Poison Tooth on myself to prevent another player from winning. I played it just before her turn, when she was level 9, and everyone else was level 6 or below. We had all used up all our good cards, and that was the only way any of us were going to get anything to stop her from winning that round.
wmkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Flemroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
When you die, your level stays the same (unless the Bad Stuff say your level change, that is). Also, note that the card allows you to ressurrect immediatly, if you choose.
Since the Poison Tooth lets you resurrect immediately can you somehow loot your own body? Since I guess you'd be alive when the looting was going on.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemroid View Post
Since the Poison Tooth lets you resurrect immediately can you somehow loot your own body? Since I guess you'd be alive when the looting was going on.
Looting is something that happens as a result of your Death and is thus part of it. If you resurrect immediately after dying, then that is after your corpse has been looted.

Tags
munchkin impossible, poison tooth