Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
tHEhERETIC

Default In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Game mechanics and other out of character matters are in thread
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=29288
I just highlighted and tidied up in the hope that I can make them somewhat clearer.

All links are now noted in an offsite page here

The Mile Higher Club

Field work can be tedious and full of hassles. You certainly miss just zipping over to a friend in the Heavens (or Hell, though that’s its own set of hassles). Here you have to get a phone number, get a phone, and hope they answer—at best. But it’s part of the job, and the most important job there is. Because The War in the end is about these souls, and you can’t save souls if you don’t understand them. So here you are, in an immersion course in Humanity.

Part of understanding humanity is these hassles, and a feeling something-like-loneliness when you can’t get through. Sure, with your Role you have friends, but they’re different. They don’t—mostly can’t—know the real you. What you wouldn’t give to sit across the table with someone else who’s been in The Presence, someone who knows what it’s like to have a Word even if you don’t talk about it.

Somebody understands. He—or she?—left a message on the back of seat 35C on the flight from LA to SFO. “Netzach, Mile Higher Club, welcome” was all it said. Sure enough though, if you laid the Tree of Life over the plane’s seating plan, you were sitting right at Netzach. You smiled, summoned up a bit of Essence, and added your own coda. “Binah, received” and on your way out tucked a little essence in the pocket of seat 12B.

You stepped just a little lighter that day, and promised yourself to take that flight again sometime.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-14-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: link to ooc thread, link to 'master' Angelfire page
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
tHEhERETIC

Default a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

You (in this case Puck's character, forgive my hijacking him/her for the moment) are back on the same plane, you notice. Commuting by plane is such a bother, but it has to be done to keep the wheels of commerce greased. You're in seat 35D, so you look in the pocket of the seat next to you. "Netzach to Yesod, MHC, is anybody out there?" You pull out the card you got from the bookstore and it shows Yesod should be one row back and just on the other side of the aisle. You look up, and the person there is smiling. (up to you all who that person is)

Near the front of the coach section---say, around row 12-- a teenaged boy leans into the aisle, putting his hand on the floor and staring straight at you through is long black bangs. He's wearing black fingerless gloves, far too much makeup, and jewelry that should have taken him at least an hour to get through security with. In a voice that is sinister and unnatural, he says "My name is Shedim, for we are many!" and smiles at you like a shark.

Before you can react, he is promptly cuffed over the head by his mother, apparently sitting next to him. "Chris! Knock it off! And give me the fuzzbox,
now!" The kid sits up, but not before smiling knowingly at you.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
Puck

Default Re: a kickstart--with apologies to Chris Kattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
You (in this case Puck's character, forgive my hijacking him/her for the moment) are back on the same plane, you notice. Commuting by plane is such a bother, but it has to be done to keep the wheels of commerce greased. You're in seat 35D, so you look in the pocket of the seat next to you. "Netzach to Yesod, MHC, is anybody out there?" You pull out the card you got from the bookstore and it shows Yesod should be one row back and just on the other side of the aisle. You look up, and the person there is smiling. (up to you all who that person is)

Near the front of the coach section---say, around row 12-- a teenaged boy leans into the aisle, putting his hand on the floor and staring straight at you through is long black bangs. He's wearing black fingerless gloves, far too much makeup, and jewelry that should have taken him at least an hour to get through security with. In a voice that is sinister and unnatural, he says "My name is Shedim, for we are many!" and smiles at you like a shark.

Before you can react, he is promptly cuffed over the head by his mother, apparently sitting next to him. "Chris! Knock it off! And give me the fuzzbox,
now!" The kid sits up, but not before smiling knowingly at you.
Mitchem, Seraph of Trade carefuly folded the note in half and sliped back into the seat pocket. He carefuly unbuckles himself and stands, briefly meeting the eyes of the angel of the angel across the row. He give his fellow celestial a brief nod and a smile before turning his gaze to the Shedim inhabited teen. He walks forward towards the restroom in the front of the plane, briefly glancing down at the young man, murmmering softly "Listen to your elders, for they know more then you." He then moves onto the restroom, returning to his seat a few minutes later.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitchem, Seraph of Trade carefuly folded the note in half and sliped back into the seat pocket. He carefuly unbuckles himself and stands, briefly meeting the eyes of the angel of the angel across the row. He give his fellow celestial a brief nod and a smile before turning his gaze to the Shedim inhabited teen. He walks forward towards the restroom in the front of the plane, briefly glancing down at the young man, murmmering softly "Listen to your elders, for they know more then you." He then moves onto the restroom, returning to his seat a few minutes later.
Someone makes a "pshhhhhhhhh" sound as you pass--probably the teen, but without the vibrato in his voice.

The angel across the way may be one of the PC's, or could be the NPC who started the note passing--I'll back off until Monday night (my time) to let you all work with that. Also will hold off on the plane landing until Monday night. Long flight...

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Puck

[QUOTE=tHEhERETIC]Someone makes a "pshhhhhhhhh" sound as you pass--probably the teen, but without the vibrato in his voice.

Mitchem flicks a glance down at the teen as he returns to his seat. Picking up the inflight magazine he watches the boy and his mother as he pretends to read.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitchem flicks a glance down at the teen as he returns to his seat. Picking up the inflight magazine he watches the boy and his mother as he pretends to read.
The goth boy tries in vain to strike up a conversation with the people in the aisle across from him. He puts on headphones and bounces around in his seat, but this too gets ignored.

The plane lands at LAX and the kid and his mother, being about twenty rows ahead of you, get off the plane without incident a few yards ahead of you. If you really try to hustle past the other passengers to get to him, the mysterious celestial in the other row puts his hand on your shoulder and shakes his head with a smile.

Said celestial looks something like this:
http://www.bigskyhorizons.com/alx/me/bio.htm
He seems quite excited to be landed, animated and energetic unlike before the landing when he sat calmly, content to putter in his sketchbook.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-08-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
alexondria

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Zahirah would just put in her headphones and turn it on- looking to the recruits and seeming to have more respect for them than a certain archangel right now
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
alexondria

And Zahirah would nod to Ryuki as she walks over to Sunae and offers her her hand. "I can give you a moment of calm where the pain fades and your mind can work with out the pain clouding your thoughts if you wish it, but I will not force it on you."
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
And Zahirah would nod to Ryuki as she walks over to Sunae and offers her her hand. "I can give you a moment of calm where the pain fades and your mind can work with out the pain clouding your thoughts if you wish it, but I will not force it on you."
"You have nothing I need, nothing I want. Get away from me"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
alexondria

And with Sunea's response she would walk away.

Tags
in nomine