Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 03-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
RobKamm

Default Modern Exploration

Not a lot in this issue for me, most of my gaming if fantasy, but I like to read the other articles for ideas that I can adapting.

The Shovel-Bum article looked particularly useful, but I wonder why the decision was made to not include an Action compatible template in it. Two other templates were offered, I would have thought that making something "compatible" with other titles would be an objective in a Pyramid article. Was there a reason for the omission?
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Sand Rodent

Default Re: Modern Exploration

RobKamm:
Quote:
The Shovel-Bum article looked particularly useful, but I wonder why the decision was made to not include an Action compatible template in it. Two other templates were offered, I would have thought that making something "compatible" with other titles would be an objective in a Pyramid article. Was there a reason for the omission?
A short answer to your question would be I (the author) have yet to purchase the Action pdf. I know, I know, that's not a good excuse, but its the honest truth. As a freelancer I enjoy a business account and tax write-offs that allow me to buy gaming material, but I need to focus on titles immediately applicable to my projects at hand. Still, I can't complain too much, as I have to buy and read rpg's for work.

I am seriously considering the Action pdf right now, however, as I am heavily inspires for a scene setting. Last weekend I stayed in the O'Hare Hyatt hotel in Chicago and the interior architecture just screamed running gun fight with a dash of wire-fu. Imagine a ten floor open box, lined with terraces connected to a central glass elevator column by suspended walkways. I pointed out the possibilities to my wife, who just rolled her eyes.
Sand Rodent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid 3/17