Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #11
Skarg

Default Re: 2 hex counters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles G. View Post
Actually, DT2 had a 2 hex lizard, and Unicorn Gold had 2 hex giant beavers (no, I ain't kidding...)
Yes, Death Test 2 kindly even gives a 2-hex facing diagram, but it's a spoiler ... ;-D and I still have my excessive numbers of official 2-hex beaver counters and other little-used bizarre counters from Unicorn Gold. :-D
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #12
ParadoxGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
I wonder… how would you do a counter (or counters, plural) for a Swarm?

And how would you track damage done to it?
Already done!

Swarms of wasps, spiders, pirahnakeets, vampire bats, and if you want to call them swarms: rats and scuttles. uncut sheets fit perfectly in a pocket box. Link to the picture below:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...45822464/2.png
Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #13
FireHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
Cool art!

However, my question was intended to mean something more like, "How would you put a whole Swarm of something (which can change size and shape continually) onto the map without using a big stack of counters?" I was just daydreaming about some kind of newfangled, amorphous, adaptable Super-Counter. :)

But yeah, I suppose you could simply use plain old boring, non-magically flexible, non-Super normal counters, though… I mean, if you want to go cheap, and are afraid to break the Laws of Geometry. ;)
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #14
malchidael

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
Cool art!

However, my question was intended to mean something more like, "How would you put a whole Swarm of something (which can change size and shape continually) onto the map without using a big stack of counters?" I was just daydreaming about some kind of newfangled, amorphous, adaptable Super-Counter. :)

But yeah, I suppose you could simply use plain old boring, non-magically flexible, non-Super normal counters, though… I mean, if you want to go cheap, and are afraid to break the Laws of Geometry. ;)
I believe that the Dungeon Dangers Cardboard Heroes set has swarm counters - I have the full dead-tree version, so I'm not 100% sure how it was all split up for PDF's. Yes, they still obey euclidean geometry, but they'll work. And, you can print them and laminate them to write on.
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote