Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-29-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
Giddoen

Default Loading templates

Well I am having a issue with GCA as well affter the latest updates I removed some of the data sets that load (the fantasy ones) and only want basic and interstellar as I am getting ready to run a space game. What happens is I lock up everytime I try to load a template, any template? I will try reinstalling the whole program and see if that fixes the issue?

Any help would be great.

Giddoen
Giddoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Loading templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddoen
Well I am having a issue with GCA as well affter the latest updates I removed some of the data sets that load (the fantasy ones) and only want basic and interstellar as I am getting ready to run a space game. What happens is I lock up everytime I try to load a template, any template? I will try reinstalling the whole program and see if that fixes the issue?

Any help would be great.
I responded to this in the other thread. If you do try a reinstall, please be sure to delete the GCA.INI file that will remain in your GCA folder, as uninstall does not remove it.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Giddoen

Thanks Armin I reinstalled and all is working now. IO saved all my Eberron files in a seperate folder and moved them out of the main GCA folder, put them back and went from there. All is well. Only thing I can think of is that some files got corrupted and that was causing the app to lock up?

Again thanks for all the support.

Giddoen

Giddoen
Giddoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Thanks Armin I reinstalled and all is working now. IO saved all my Eberron files in a seperate folder and moved them out of the main GCA folder, put them back and went from there. All is well. Only thing I can think of is that some files got corrupted and that was causing the app to lock up?
That is possible, yes.

Quote:
Again thanks for all the support.
Glad I could help.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote