Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
dcarson

Default Afflictions as surgery.

In my starting soon GURPS Space 1889 campaign one player wants a mad scientist. We decided on a Dr. Moreau style PC. So Gadgeteer(biological only -50%) and he can alter things with surgical procedures. He has a Ally of a K-10 style dog with higher IQ and Disturbing Voice. I plan on adding other Limitations of the Gadgeteer since he won't have time to do much new gadgeteering at least for a while and giving him Afflictions for things he already knows like the IQ boost and adding speech to animals.

Does this seem reasonable? The Preparation time and Skill are that he has to do major surgery. The Delay and Requires Health is the recovery time after the surgery by the patient.

Affliction (IQ+1 +200%, Permanent +150%, Delay (week or more) -40%, Preparation required 8 hours -60%, Requires Skill Roll -10%, Requires HT Roll(target) -10%) +230% [23 pts]

Any other limitations you can think of, I'd like them a little cheaper so he can have several?
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1889, mad science, steampunk