Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #11
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Is It Just ME..??? LONG RANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
...So why the hate?...
CHRIS, it is not "hate", as you have stated, it is called: "hurt"; and the best relief for that, is a good long rant with your friends who also see it, get it, and feel it. The detailed answer to your specific question of why the reaction was contained within the 8th, and 9th paragraphs of the OP.

Also, as I stated in bold-text:"while ANY exposure is good exposure..."; I am unsure why you felt the need to re-state the matter in your reply as: "it's another useful chunk of gamers who might never have heard of TFT but may now be interested in checking out a reboot."

That's a given, which was essentially stated as such in the original post.

However, perhaps you are right - that in the end, it really is not that big a deal in the grand-scheme of things; but you know Chris, when your are dedicated and passionate about something which is so near and dear to your heart, and you see it handled publicly in such a blatantly careless and misinformed way by a person who can't even respect the thing enough to get our basic terms, concepts, and history correct - it's insulting and it hurts.

I trust you can relate to that.

CHRIS, thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify further.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 05-10-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:12 AM   #12
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
CHRIS, it is not "hate", as you have stated, it is called: "hurt"; and the best relief for that, is a good long rant with your friends who also see it, get it, and feel it. The detailed answer to your specific question of why the reaction was contained within the 8th, and 9th paragraphs of the OP.

Also, as I stated in bold-text:"while ANY exposure is good exposure..."; I am unsure why you felt the need to re-state the matter in your reply as: "it's another useful chunk of gamers who might never have heard of TFT but may now be interested in checking out a reboot."

That's a given, which was essentially stated as such in the original post.

However, perhaps you are right - that in the end, it really is not that big a deal in the grand-scheme of things; but you know Chris, when your are dedicated and passionate about something which is so near and dear to your heart, and you see it handled publicly in such a blatantly careless and misinformed way by a person who can't even respect the thing enough to get our basic terms, concepts, and history correct - it's insulting and it hurts.

I trust you can relate to that.

CHRIS, thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify further.

JK
No problem Jim. If we can't rant here where can we!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #13
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
No, no point.

I wouldn't want to encourage anything where he might decide to make a series of follow-ups on TFT Classics like: DEATH RACE, TOLKIEN'S LIAR, INSECURITY CHANGING STATION, QUEST FOR THE UNIFORMED GNOME, etc.

JK
You have cool titles, though...