Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-24-2016, 01:22 AM   #1
Magus

Default Military Vehicle Stats?

Has anyone statted out military vehicles? I know Vehicles isn't out yet so I'm wondering if there's any fan-made collections. If there is one thing GURPS 4e has been lacking for so many years, it's in the vehicles department.

Particularly for TL9+ but I'm also interested in TL7 and 8.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:15 AM   #2
mook

Default Re: Military Vehicle Stats?

There are fan-made projects here and there that may be helpful, but they don't usually go into TL 9.

Last edited by mook; 09-25-2016 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Removed links.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:36 AM   #3
Magus

Thank you! Anything for TL9+ vehicles?

Last edited by PK; 09-24-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
mook

Not that I know of, sorry. Hopefully it's easier to extrapolate from earlier TLs than starting from scratch.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:04 PM   #5
PK

<MOD>

Mook, those two Vehicle Compilation files you linked to were 100% inline with our online policy and I have no issue with you recommending them.

However, the pages that you linked to on that hosting site (pdf-archive) also contain links to pirated GURPS (and other RPG) books, right on the page below those Vehicle Compilation files. Because of that, this is an Official Warning not to share those links -- or any links to that site.

If you have, or can establish, a safe link for those Vehicle Compilation files, you can share them then.

</MOD>

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}

Last edited by PK; 09-26-2016 at 12:35 PM.
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:45 PM   #6
The_Ryujin

While I haven't geared up for doing vehicles yet on my blog I do have a few test vehicles I've got stated up. Here's my go at a TL9 HMMWV style military truck.

High Mobility Transport (HMT) TL9
It has a inertial compass, an infrared surveillance camera, a rugged personal computer, small ladar, a small cellular radio. Each occupant has a crashweb. The HMT has biometric locks on its doors and the vehicle is equipped with standard headlight.

On its roof is a hatchthat gives access to a rotating pintle mount (takes one second to change facing). The pintle typically carries a 7mmCL Light Support Weapon with 5 200 round magzines.

TL: 9
Vehicle: High Mobility Transport
ST/HP: 49
Hnd/SR: 1/5
HT: 13
Move: 6/47
LWt.: 3
Load: 1
SM: +3
Occ. 2+2
DR: 12
Range: 300
Cost: $100,000
Locations: G4WX
Notes: It has improved brakes and run flat tires. Runs for 300 miles on 2 F cells.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:07 AM   #7
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
<MOD>

Mook, those two Vehicle Compilation files you linked to were 100% inline with our online policy and I have no issue with you recommending them.

However, the pages that you linked to on that hosting site also contain links to pirated GURPS (and other RPG) books, right on the page below those Vehicle Compilation files. Because of that, this is an Official Warning not to share those links -- or any links to that site.

If you have, or can establish, a safe link for those Vehicle Compilation files, you can share them then.

</MOD>
Gah! Thank you for removing the links, and apologies for wasting your time doing so -- I just recently found those PDFs through a Reddit link, it was sloppy to share without investigating the entire page.

I would host them myself but there is no contact info for the original author, so I'm just letting it drop.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:48 AM   #8
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

If one of the vehicle collections you linked was this one:

<MOD> Link removed. Please don't link to pdf-archive. </MOD>

I'm the original author and I've got no objection to it being distributed or modified as you like (there are some terrible errors in grammar and spelling that I never got around to fixing if anyone feels like editing it).

(The '23' is the version number, not meant to indicate that there are 22 other volumes)

Last edited by PK; 09-26-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #9
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
I'm the original author and I've got no objection to it being distributed or modified as you like
Thanks, Perfect Organism. Can now be found for download here as "Unofficial Vehicles Collection." I made no changes other than combining into a single file for convenience.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #10
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Thanks, Perfect Organism. Can now be found for download here as "Unofficial Vehicles Collection." I made no changes other than combining into a single file for convenience.
I hate to tell you, but I'm not the author of the second collection, just the first. I guess 'volume 2' was written by someone else when I gave up on updating mine. So I can't give you permission to use their work; in fact I wouldn't even know who to ask for permission.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cars, vehicles