Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
Tim Kauffman

Default THE LINE

New FanMade Scenario...P E N D I N G further iteration

This Scenario uses the OGRE Map and players set up on opposite long sides of the map.

"The battle of a thousand suns created this smoldering hell hole...it turns out geography has a saturation point after all and can only take so much nuclear devastation before it begins to sort of fight back and a tour of duty here on THE LINE has a way of bringing that all into a perspective a person will never forget, if they even survive that long. One of the most brutally contested places in the world, THE LINE is in the middle of a nuclear wasteland, within the confines of a battlefield of The LAST WAR littered with Laser Towers, fortified positions and the remains of those who went before. Radioactive storms swell up unexpectedly. On occasion, an offensive is mounted into the jaws of the waiting enemy usually yielding small gains only to be lost when the enemy returns the favor. And so it goes, like some crazy De'j'a Vu to the point you can't tell the difference anymore between each new "Punch Through" offensive and "Down Time"...you keep telling yourself you'll meet rotation requirements soon, but the more you remind yourself, the more distant that time seems...After a while here, your resolve and courage even begin to play tricks on you, and on each other...two Rs will make it alright you keep telling yourself..."

I will post additional updates to this when I can.

This Scenario will be all about Infantry, heavy units, Laser Towers, Fortifications and Revetments but no OGREs. The surrounding areas geography is choked with craters and ridges to the point that they simply cannot make it in. Cruise Missiles however continue to leave their presence crater over crater. Troops refer to it as "The Pounding".

I posted this WIP as is, because someone else may find it of interest in the meanwhile and the latest official Scenario had me thinking about the original OGRE Map in unusual and glowing ways. :)

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 09-21-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote