Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #21
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Weapon Master Questions - Point Cost and Damage Relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmith View Post
This is explicitly not how it works as published. It lets you have say weapon master Kusarigama(20 points) your system you couldn't ever be a WM in just the kusarigama.
I have no problem with that. My way would make the kusarigama guy pay more but use a kama or a kusari when they aren't attached to each other. WM by individual weapon is going to get you lots of arbitrary situations.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
SuedodeuS

Default Re: Weapon Master Questions - Point Cost and Damage Relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I have no problem with that. My way would make the kusarigama guy pay more but use a kama or a kusari when they aren't attached to each other. WM by individual weapon is going to get you lots of arbitrary situations.
Combination weapons (as opposed to weapons usable with multiple skills) can be tricky here. I consider a weapon with an attached kusari to be... well, a weapon with an attached kusari, rather than its own weapon. So I'd probably require (unless I was doing an extremely cinematic campaign - perfectly legit, as WM is cinematic to start with) something like WM: Kusari and Kama [25] to get full benefit from the kusarigama... or WM: Kusari and Scythe [25] to get the full benefit from the okusarigama.

For a theoretical Weapon Master variant that did things based on skill used, I'd probably price it +5 cp over the typical WM categories (so [25] for a single skill, [30] for two skills commonly used together, etc).

Tags
advantages