Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #61
wolf90

Default Re: Ogrezine

By all means, submit away!!

I will concede that I have started the process of determining which articles are going in this issue, so please get things to me sooner than later.

I look forward to seeing your submission.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:57 AM   #62
Knockman

Thanks Drew, will see what I have and review it inline with the Writer's guidelines.

As an additional note, can another article perhaps link to the S&TO countersheet perhaps? Running with a few ideas, but maybe short fiction item specifically related to one or two of the Facilities on the S&TO sheet, perhaps to serve as a prompter for some scenarios?

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #63
philreed
I do stuff and things.

First article is up a day early:

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/ogrezine/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #64
wolf90

As mentioned by Phil, our first submission is up on the site. A nice bit of fiction by a long-time fan, "Clean Up" offers a glimpse into the life of a poor Infantryman as well as what happens on the battlefield AFTER an Ogre has been through!

Check it out: http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/ogrezine/

And if you have something to share, send it to me pronto! I'm sorting through the submissions and designating them as "Yes", "Maybe" and "Not Now". Don't miss out on your opportunity. Submit today!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #65
wolf90

We have another two submissions posted for your enjoyment. Please be sure to check them out!

D.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #66
sparky00

I like the article on edging. I've been working on edging both by ODE & O6E sets. O6E has all the 2D pieces complete. ODE has the NAC, PE, Third Force & Nihon 2D units complete & about 30% of the 3D units done. Its a process. I've used black & purple sharpie markers for the NAC, Nightfall & Nihon units.
For the white counters, I found an Elmer's Painters fine white paint marker works well. It takes 2 coats to get good, even coverage. They are readily available at Walmart & craft/hobby stores.
The lighter ( red, yellow, purple, green, orange, etc.) colored sharpie markers do not give good results on the counters directly. The color result is dark and weak. Colored sharpies do however give great results over the white paint markers, giving a hue & saturation similar to what they produce on paper.
most of the overlays dont look too bad with the plain edge, but I've been working on them too. Green & blue colored pencils give a nice tint to hide the edges without lots of work. My Prismacolor watercolor pencils work great for this. Actually just did some stream overlays with these earlier today.
None of this is really necessary for a good game of Ogre. Its just that the game components are great quality & beautiful in all other respects, and that little treatment on the edge really just gives then a superb appearance.
Its a long process, but I'm in no hurry and its good relaxation after a stressful day, when opponents are in short supply.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #67
lokke

I liked the dambusters article. Rules are given for the effects on infantry, GEVs, superheavies and Ogres.

Um. What about other units, especially non-mobile ones like CPs and howitzers, not to mention buildings and cities?

I suspect that some morally-challenged players would be interested in being enlightened on this subject.
lokke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #68
philreed
I do stuff and things.

The latest article went live yesterday!

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/ogrezine/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote