Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #21
Tom Mazanec

Default Re: Setting Infinity Class

Somebody wrote up a "infobox" for a number of worlds not given one in IW, including my Aesop. It is 404 now (unless someone posted it somewhere else) but I think he gave my Aesop a Z3 IIRC. Sounds reasonable...with two strict rules added:
1) Never take an aesop to another timeline, for any reason whatsoever.
2) Scrupulously obey Rule 1.
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #22
Tom Mazanec

Here's another example of a strange (to me) Infinity Class...Dixie-1
They are being infiltrated by Centrum and "...the CSA is investigating some backwaters of physics that could potentially mean trouble." Also, the USA and CSA may get into a nuclear exchange if the wrong person sneezes. It is P9.
I could see a P9 for Dixie-2...they should be well away from the Secret, and the CSA is unlikely to be close to war with a USA beholden to French and Japanese bankers, while Centrum can't even dream of getting there (on Q# it is tough even for us to get there).
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:52 PM   #23
WholesomeMadScientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mazanec View Post
Speaking of cyberpunk, what quantum is Cyberworld on, and what might its infinity class be? Of course you may have to go back a couple decades, but Reign of Steel is a IW world with a present of 2026 IIRC.
IW Lost Worlds mentions the parallel “Transhuman” clearly that’s Transhuman Space!

Also, in IW Lost Worlds the OGRE parallel is called “Combine” (in classic OGRE 3e it is called OGRE-1)

At the moment I call the Cyberworld parallel “One-And-Twenty”, but I would love to be corrected.

I call the Shadowrun parallel “Merlin-4” (my PC’s home colony stole baseline Elf genes, among many other things, from there and we have an Elf population)

The Cyberpunk 2020/2077 parallel I’m, at the moment, calling “Arasaka”, I didn’t come up the name, so I’m not taking credit for it.

My PC’s home crosstime colony is always hustling to get their hands on more advanced biotech and genes of upgrades/parahumans/metahumans. So I have to assign a name to these worlds.
WholesomeMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote