Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Bubba_OH

Default GURPS 4 - All-Out Attack

If you make an All-Out Attack with a pistol with a ROF of 3, and you choose the Determined option, do you get only 1 shot or can you take all 3?

The rub is, what does "Make a single attack" mean? One shot? It only lasts one turn?

Since you only get 1 roll (no matter how many shots you take), you would get all 3 shots w/ +1 to your single roll. This would be true even for full autos with high ROF. The down side is you get NO defense.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: GURPS 4 - All-Out Attack

If you want, you can fire up to all three shots as an Attack, All-Out Attack, or Move and Attack. Whether you fire one, two, or three bullets, it's one attack. You make one attack roll and the target makes one defense roll.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
gilbertocarlos

One attack roll only(unless you have 2 or more weapons).

The advantage of shooting two or more times is that it increases chance to hit and if you hit, it increases the number of bullets that hit the target.

For example, RoF 3 isn't enough to give +1 to hit just because of the RoF. But it increases the chance to hit multiple bullets, if your pistol have Rcl 2, You will hit with 2 bullets with margin of success 2+ and 3 bullets with margin of success 4+.
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Maz

Are you familiar with how Rapid fire works in GURPS 4e? Campaigns p.373.

Anyway, no. the AOA:determined doesn't allow more attacks to be made. It only gives a +1. However remember that you can get that +1 even when far tom the enemies, sniping for instance. And I can tell you that if you shoot at effective skill 10 or 11, that +1 is going to matter a whole lot.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
RyanW

"One attack" is a single attack with a melee weapon, or an attack with up to RoF shots with a ranged weapon.

Certain special cases may require more than one roll, such as spraying fire, dual weapon attack, rapid strike, blowthrough, the follow-up allowed to hit the second limb if you dismember a limb with a cutting attack (from Martial Arts), etc. without becoming more than the "one attack" allowed with AOA:Determined.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Bubba_OH

Thanks for the replies. I am working on a web based tool to try to cover all the normal conditions. It's going slowly, but surely. I am trying to be sure I have everything working on a specific facet before moving on to the next brick because I do not want a flawed foundation.

Tags
all-out attack, rof