Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #51
dwalend

Default Re: How I Came To Love Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
I had the reverse experience. The defense project I was working on around then was heavy on the meetings. I wrote up the various stuff that became "Poor Bloody Infantry" sitting in design reviews waiting for the VP to brief my slide.
Glad to hear you got something useful out of them. I have no idea how many pages of my doodles were fed to shredders.

I'm currently the tech lead on my project. People are pretty openly suspicious of how I run things. However, everyone's happy that I cancelled six weekly meetings.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Factory States Era goes back to some status meeting where some bored AI decided it could do better.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #52
J. Durr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Factory States Era goes back to some status meeting where some bored AI decided it could do better.
f-ing lol, I'm seeing Ogres trapped in a pointless staff meeting
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #53
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON_Troll View Post
Yep! 1701 occupied one of the store fronts on Corrine Dr. (Just a mile and a half down from the old corner gate at Corrine and Bennett Rd.) During the time period you mentioned. Right around 1988, needing to expand, they bought the lease on the second store front next to them and knocked a few sections of wall out between the two. Then they bought the third store next door a year later and were using it as a separate game room. I ran OGRE and Car Wars events (especially after store hours) during the early to mid-nineties.

You might be happy to know that Enterprise 1701 still exists. It's called "Sci-Fi-City" now and is located on HWY 50 just East of SR 436.

Alas, the NTC was shut down in 1999. Which is what prompted Frank to move the store to HWY 50 and change the name.

Getting back on topic, you and others here might be interested to know that I got a resin Godzilla model at 1701 that seemed just the right scale for OGRE miniatures. My gaming group and I had lots of fun stomping cities (and entire battalions) into the dirt with him. This eventually prompted me to write "Godzilla 2076, Atomic Monsters in the World of OGRE!" Which actually saw print in Pyramid #1.

Huh, wow. I used to go to Enterprise 1701, when I lived in Casselberry.
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote